Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

electric window problem

sparrow2

When opening and closing the driver's side window of my 59 reg IQ3 recently it has just stopped neither fully open nor fully closed. Then after a few minutes of nervously operating the switch it has started up again. This has happened several times now. I booked it in to the garage today for the 2nd March and I am going to try and remember to not use it until then. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I think i have only opened my drivers side window 8 times in 4 years and the passenger side once by accident lol.  My winder motors must be like brand new

David

15 hours ago, dash said:

Yes; very similar to what you describe

See here...

Elec window sticking; now resolved

Hope you get it sorted

Dave

Thank you for that. I suspect I have the same problem. In addition every so often my window would produce the most awful squeak when operating. When I take it to the garage I will suggest that the window probably needs a bit of lubrication; however I will not be too dogmatic and I will let them do their own investigation.

2 hours ago, tarquin said:

I think i have only opened my drivers side window 8 times in 4 years and the passenger side once by accident lol.  My winder motors must be like brand new

David

I need to operate the window once a day to open the barrier at work with my pass. On top of that I often open it when parking so that I can stick my head out of the window and check my wheels are parallel to the car park lines or the side of my drive. This used to be the case for reverse parking and I would not open it for forward parking. However now I often open it for forward parking too because I have found that by sticking my head out of the window so much that I can see the front bumper I can judge the distance of the car to the end of the parking space to within a couple of inches!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links