Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What lights up at night?

chufferclive

Hi All, 

just returned to toyota after buying a 2010  IQ2  (my last toyota was a 1989 carina).

didn't notice at the time but driving it in the dark I'm not sure what switches should light up! the drivers window switch does but the passenger one doesn't but that is both passenger switches and the mirror adjustment switch doesn't light up at all, and the radio controls on the steering wheel don't either tbh I didn't think they would but I think someone mentioned on the forum that they did)

if anybody could advise that would be great

thanks   Clive

Hello and welcome.

The mirror control switches don't light up, but the window and steering wheel controls should although not very bright.

Great thanks for getting back so quickly😀

Are they just bulbs or part of the switch do you know?

Thanks Clive 

They are LED's, David aka Tarquin will be able to give you specifics as he has changed all his LED's to a different colour. I'm sure he'll be along sometime :)

Here i am  lights at night. Steering wheel,window switches,Door lock,CD opening each side, headlight leveller, Anti-skid button,seatbelt alarm module  if auto the gear position selector plate  The mirror navigation controls are not illuminated except on mine and Chris iQ's cars

All are led in 2 sizes   Main one's are PLCC-2 and either 603 or 402  (think thats the numbers) memory's going

David

• Like 1

Hi David ,

Thanks for the heads up with the bulbs I will have to investigate where to get those from.

It seems that the passenger window switch , both sides and the CD slot lights aren't working....is the cover easy enough to remove? otherwise I may not bother....:huh:

thanks

Clive

On the drivers side door is a switch that disables the passenger window switch. If this is inadvertently pressed it turns off the illumination on the passengers door window switches as well.

Check that first before pulling anything apart. 

Craig. 

• Like 3

Craig you are a star! 

That's exactly what it was. I hadn't made the connection at all:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks

Clive 

Excellent, glad it was that. 

I only know as I changed my LED's to blue ones and spent about an hour trying to figure out why the passengers side didn't work after I changed the LED's in the drivers door! 

Had a real, Doh! Moment when I thought of it! 

So which ones aren't working for you now?

Craig. 

1 hour ago, craggle said:

On the drivers side door is a switch that disables the passenger window switch. If this is inadvertently pressed it turns off the illumination on the passengers door window switches as well.

Check that first before pulling anything apart. 

Craig. 

I didn't know that, only had my iQ 4 1/2 years :ohmy: then again I don't think I have ever used the disable button?

Actually after doing that I've realised it's only the mirror switch that isn't... Everything else seems OK......

Having never owned one before I realise it's a3 cylinder but it seems to shudder when stopping is this normal? Thanks

That's good. My mirror switch doesn't illuminate either which is normal but I think there is a very similar switch from another Toyota or Lexus model that fits the iQ and allows illumination to be added. 

I have thought of doing it but to be honest, not sure it's worth it really, I never seem to adjust the mirrors anyway. 

Mines the 4 cylinder so can't help with the engine question unfortunately.

Craig. 

I have done a mirror switch illumination mod using a Lexus one. You have to do a truth table for the connections and make a patching interface. I did it for Chris (iQ Chris)

For people thinking of changing the colour of their illuminated instruments. Its not a easy task.  You have to be able to solder down to 1mm accurately and have tne ability to strip down every part of each swithch to component level. I would say the steering wherl navigation Led's are tbe modt difficult. 

David