Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibration in steering when accelerating over 60mph

john72

Just purchased a 2010 Avensis 2.2l d4d T4 privately with 80K on the clock and have noticed a vibration when accelerating through 60mph. I was aware that one rear tyre was worn so had a full set of new boots fitted and balanced, hoping this would cure the vibration, unfortunatly its still present. I can,t tell if its from the front or rear but if you stop accelerating and cruise at 60mph the vibration reduces.

I was hoping if anybody could give me a heads up as to what it may be or if you have experienced the same problem, Then please reply back Thanks, 

Possibly a buckled rim. Was there uneven wear on the tyre which was worn? 

If it is, it's unfortunate that the fitter didn't notice it when changing the tyre. 

It'sfairly easy to check so long as you're able to raise the car. No need to remove any of the wheels. Rotate easy wheel slowly while focusing on the inner then outer rim against a fixed point. Any egg-shaped warp will soon become obvious. 

Hi John and a big welcome to the club  If the vibration felt just through the steering wheel it will point to the problem being somewhere between  the wheel in your hands and the front wheels or do you feel it through the seat? The prop shafts sometimes have strips on them as they need to be balanced also. Might be worth checking if the are any small shiny patches on them where they have fallen from.

Del

Thanks for the info Will check the rims tomorrow and try and work out where the vibration is coming from.

John

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links