Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota avensis t25 getting a facelift

JamieRF04VEA

Have posted my avensis up before but can't find the thread so just updating here. 2litre D4D just touching 352,000 and going strong. I've had the car of the road the past few weeks and got two new doors, back bumper and two facelift fenders from 2007 onwards t25. Only to get bumper and headlights and it will be ready for more prep and paint. This summer coilovers and 18in wheels will be got, half leather seats and few other mods to change the scene round my area. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 29 February 2016 at 8:13 AM, Greydog said:

Big Thumbs Up Jamie

Good Luck with the project

Thanks, the joys of being different I suppose. 

Update: quarter panel had bad dints so it's almost sorted now and doors are almost ready for premier. So got two facelift wings of eBay for 85 quid and there is great shape so couldn't complain one bit, tho was finding it very hard to get a facelift bumper with out Broking clips are damage. Seen one on eBay for 250 quid and couldn't justify paying it as it had damage at the front. Lucky enough a fell that I get parts of got a 08 avensis facelift for breaking so went down for a visit and came home with a mint facelift bumper all in tact which is a bonus and fogs light. Got facelift headlights of him Aswell, also in great shape. Couldn't resist to fire them on. Never seen an avensis are heard of one in my colour, estate car that is with a facelift front end. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow low !! Lucky there's no speed bumps in Norther Ireland !!! That's going to look great when its finished keep the pics coming

11 hours ago, Greydog said:

Wow low !! Lucky there's no speed bumps in Norther Ireland !!! That's going to look great when its finished keep the pics coming

Thanks, haha you don't want to see the size of the speed bumps round this area. Just have to go side ways across them. Will be going lower once coilovers come so it will be interesting 

• 10 months later...

Been a long time from ive been on, car went to the paint shop the morning, front and rear bunpers are done also the back of the doors as new left hand side doors went on. Will throw pictures up this week. All that is needed now is wheels and coilovers and to get it mot for the summer coming in. 

Good job mate...how easy was it to fit the facelift bumper and lights?

26 minutes ago, frankie406 said:

Good job mate...how easy was it to fit the facelift bumper and lights?

Bolt on job pal, headlight plugs are different tho so need to rewire them after  car comes back. Fella is working on it at the minute so hoping it will be back this weekend all being well. Has been a dear month but will keep it going for another few years.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Car will be home tomorrow from the painter, took abit longer that we thought as the guy was out sick. Only got these two photos of it as I've to build the rest of her up. Really impressed how it's came out. Almost ready to do another 350k.  Can't wait to get the front bumper on as Toyota didn't do a facelift estate car in this colour so I'm the first 😉. Coilovers and wheels will be got soon as I need to do a lot of overtime again. Comments welcome 

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

Ooops I could be wrong but is this a face lift estate? 

images-1.jpg

31 minutes ago, frankie406 said:

Ooops I could be wrong but is this a face lift estate? 

images-1.jpg

Yes but that's grey, never seen one in my colour in an estate 😊

Ahhh yes I mis-read that lol thought you just said they didn't do a face lift estate :bangin:

Easy mistake 😊

Car home today and got stuck in when I got out of work. Rear end built up, bumpers etc. Door handles are next and get all the chromes round the windows back on. Still need to sort out the wiring for the head lights, one plug is different and it's the main lights. Anyone have a diagram for the Toyota headlights? 

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG

• Like 1

Looking well mate!

• Like 1

Thanks frankie!    Door handles etc put on today and other small bits. In a couple of weeks I'll get it mot when I've a few pound gathered up again. Need new cromes strips for the doors as some got damaged in storage. 

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

Are you getting your bits from traynors? There's a good Toyota breakers in Dungannon/Coalisland.reasonable prices too.

3 minutes ago, frankie406 said:

Are you getting your bits from traynors? There's a good Toyota breakers in Dungannon/Coalisland.reasonable prices too.

Got most of my stuff from a fella in lurgan where I'm from. Also got a few things from Toyota but there so dear I have to be careful what I spend with them. Duno if I'd take the chance with second hand chrome strips as they damage easily and bend are dented. Really takes the look of the car when they are damaged frankie. Have they many avensis up there? 

Yeah there's a few there. Toyota parts ni they are called they are also on eBay.

had a look at the wiring today for the headlights and have figured it out. So just to buy some plugs are get ones off another car. Threw the headlights in to see what it looks like built.  

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

• Like 1

Ur motor looks great mate. Lovely colour, and looks like a well done paint job. Very nice.

• Like 2

Yip couldn't agree more with the paint work! It does look better in the face lift than it does in the non face lift!! Good job mate!

8 hours ago, Ant-Rav said:

Ur motor looks great mate. Lovely colour, and looks like a well done paint job. Very nice.

Thanks. Took some time to find someone to do a good job. 

4 hours ago, frankie406 said:

Yip couldn't agree more with the paint work! It does look better in the face lift than it does in the non face lift!! Good job mate!

Thanks at first I wasn't fussed on the facelift when it came out but it's more of a modern look. I know modifien an avensis is strange but there a great reliable car and they can look the part with a few mods. Don't think I'll be buying the new avensis due to the BMW engine in them. Hate German cars no offence to anyone 

26 minutes ago, JamieRF04VEA said:

Don't think I'll be buying the new avensis due to the BMW engine in them. 

Only the diesels from the 2015 facelift >. & obviously diesels are going out of fashion with the government policy section - reportedly looking at additional taxation on diesel fuel atm.

That plus DPFs etc. is already affecting sales of diesels in the UK.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links