Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch2 with Go software upgraded for 2016

FROSTYBALLS

• 1 month later...

Looks like the upgrade has slipped to May: link as above.

1. "592c8f65cc30c5a4b5d75f3f4b667f01?s=74&d=LUKE

Hi there, is the update still expected to be released in April and can you confirm if it will be free. Thanks

1. 52c086fb0e75d5493ac34c4bfd655cc2?s=74&d=CHARLOTTE MILLS

Hi Luke,
      Thank you for your post. We can confirm that there will be an update coming this May. When we have more details on this update we will let you know. Many thanks."

Bit of a nuisance as I have struggled unsuccessfully to get the satnav updated to 4.5.0H. The dealer offered to have the vehicle in for up to 2 days, taking into account the time for replacement of the head unit, if required. Eeek. Not keen on dashboard dismantling so I declined. Hoped the major revamp would materialise, and "over the air" updating would be feasible. 

Edited by cobh18
clarity

• 2 weeks later...

Still some confusion re the upgrade. I can't find the download on My Toyota E-store nor does the Blog clarify yet. I have asked, in case you have wondered.  They refer queries to the dealer and I can see that one questioner has commented the dealer isn't willing due to "bandwidth" issues at their site. Rather like mine back in March. From the blog : "My dealer has asked me to down load it myself as he hasn’t got enough bandwidth to download it so I need to know how to do it please. 2015 Auris Excel registered in September. Thanking you!" This resulted in a private message, so the audience is no wiser.

Maybe early days, and a Friday,  but it's looking below par!

Edited by cobh18
clarity

On 29 February 2016 at 1:45 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Downloaded and installed... A big difference from the previous version... Really like the Auto Schedule for SatNav...

That's good to know. Is the big upgrade on 6.7.0? 

I can't seem to find it in my Toyota estore,what version no is it.

thanks

Edited by spideman887

Indeed. I'd like to know that too?

The 6.7.0L upgrade has just come available on my e-store login... Perfect timing for the use of my Customer Goodwill Voucher methinks! :biggrin:

I haven't got that one I have 6.7.0H

Then you must have "Touch 2 with Go Plus" in your car... (mine is just the "Touch 2 with Go")

Yes mate I have,so is 6.7.0h the one

27 minutes ago, spideman887 said:

Yes mate I have,so is 6.7.0h the one

In that case, yes, for your car.

thanks mate. have you installed it? whats it like?

No, not yet since that would mean me having to pay for it.

According to Toyota its meant to be a free update. lol

Read the original post again... The word "available" does NOT equate to "free"! (but I'm checking it with TGB anyway just now)

I would hasten to add, for people with the "Plus" version, as in your case, the upgrade is free anyway...

Interestingly I note that in the linked article in the op it says " The system also benefits from three years free map care and connected services.  " but makes no differential between T2 with G or T2 with G Plus ... Although that presumably would only apply to systems since March 1st & may well be an error/omission.

That's always been the difference between Plus and non-Plus versions... Time limited free upgrades. The difference this time is that even the non-Plus systems benefit from the "three years free map care and connected services". Even if you have to buy it (@ £99), those are bundled in with any map update.

No, Plus has additional features (e.g. voice recognition, 3D landmarks, text-to-speech etc.) as well as having had 3 year Map Care.

Anyone having problems updating,I plug in usb and nothing happens one time it said failed  to authenticate but no option to input serial number.

Yes. See this thread.

Could be a fault on the head unit. I'm waiting to see if anything comes of this cryptic note in the Blog to another with queries:

LLS

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your post and apologies for the late reply. We have spoken with our team responsible for the site and unfortunately this is still unavailable due to ongoing problems. We are working as hard as possible to rectify this issue and will keep you updated with the progress. As an alternative you are able to contact mytoyota@toyota.co.uk along with your car and multimedia system details. Hope this helps further, many thanks.

Link to discussion: http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch2-with-go-receives-major-software-upgrade

18 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

No, Plus has additional features (e.g. voice recognition, 3D landmarks, text-to-speech etc.) as well as having had 3 year Map Care.

Yes, I already knew about the extras in terms of functionality... I was just highlighting the after purchase monetary differences between them, that's all... 

• 2 weeks later...

Been at Burrows Doncaster today to get my 6.7.0L software upgrade and there has been a hiccup in that the software he had downloaded for my car in prep for the upgrade got superceded just today which meant that the token (licence) number had changed for my car and now I have to go back tomorrow once he has the update... Apparently I am the first one they have done for the new software so I'm playing "guinea pig" just now! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Have seen the £99 offer on my toyota and asked my dealer if they could do it for me but said no. Only exclusive to owners as apparently they can't get the software. Crazy! I'm not particularly au fait with computer technique and need an idiots guide to get me through the download/installation. My version is 4.3.1. Does anyone know how long the installation takes as apparently you have to leave engine running.