Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toilet seat for 2016 Prius.

Ancient Nerd

I've just ordered a new 2016 Excel, with black leather, delivery expected in June. I have no great problem with the front seat toilet because my left arm completely hides it while my hands are on the steering wheel. Unfortunately my wife has no such luck, so will give me no peace unless I can get the Lower Console/Shifter Appliqué Package (aka toilet seat) pictured below, that AFAIK is only available in the USA. This comes in three parts to cover the main console, the gear shift surround, and the front of the rear storage console.

Prius_2016_LowerConsoleApplique_ShifterA

I believe I read somewhere that the same mouldings are used for both LHD and RHD cars.

These are quoted as $199 from Toyota in the USA, but $299 from the Priuschat website shop.

I obviously have some research to do, but has anyone here ever managed to get Toyota accessories from the USA. If so how did you manage delivery?

Is anyone else interested in hiding their Prius toilet from view, if so is there any interest in sharing courier costs? Or is anyone interested in importing them. I'd much prefer to buy without the hassle. I suspect that the chance of Toyota GB ever providing these is something like that of the proverbial snowball in hell. (I'll happily apologise if proved wrong.)

Edited by Ancient Nerd
Change of graphic location

Hi, I would be interested in the package to cover the " toilet seat " and would be prepared to share courier costs, I would also be interested in the side mouldings for the doors, I have had a look on the american website and they look quite good

If you're contemplating anything to do with a "toilet seat" on your car may I draw your attention to the Motor Vehicles Construction and Use SI 1986/1078 Sect 62

(1) No wheeled vehicle first used after 15th January 1931 shall be used with any closet or urinal which can discharge directly on to a road.

I think all is Ok. Toyota chose to provide neither cistern, nor drain. So the toilet is non-functional, therefore unlikely to fall foul of the regs.

The "seat" is really just to hide the presence of the "toilet". It might have been better had I described it as a lid.

10 hours ago, Ancient Nerd said:

I've just ordered a new 2016 Excel, with black leather, delivery expected in June. I have no great problem with the front seat toilet because my left arm completely hides it while my hands are on the steering wheel. Unfortunately my wife has no such luck, so will give me no peace unless I can get the Lower Console/Shifter Appliqué Package (aka toilet seat) pictured below, that AFAIK is only available in the USA. This comes in three parts to cover the main console, the gear shift surround, and the front of the rear storage console.

Prius_2016_LowerConsoleApplique_ShifterA

I believe I read somewhere that the same mouldings are used for both LHD and RHD cars.

These are quoted as $199 from Toyota in the USA, but $299 from the Priuschat website shop.

I obviously have some research to do, but has anyone here ever managed to get Toyota accessories from the USA. If so how did you manage delivery?

Is anyone else interested in hiding their Prius toilet from view, if so is there any interest in sharing courier costs? Or is anyone interested in importing them. I'd much prefer to buy without the hassle. I suspect that the chance of Toyota GB ever providing these is something like that of the proverbial snowball in hell. (I'll happily apologise if proved wrong.)

The centre console is shared however the gearshift surround is sided LHD/RHD

• Like 1

On 03/03/2016 at 0:01 PM, diverdave said:

Hi, I would be interested in the package to cover the " toilet seat " and would be prepared to share courier costs, I would also be interested in the side mouldings for the doors, I have had a look on the american website and they look quite good

Thanks. I'm not planning to do this in the immediate future, as I don't think mine is due for delivery until June. I have seen them (originals, from dealer) significantly cheaper available from eBay, All sold at present. If a good opportunity occurs, I may buy then.

Whatever happens, I'll check with you before I go ahead.

On 03/03/2016 at 9:50 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Many thanks for that. I guess I'll just have to accept the smaller steering wheel and gear shift sanitary ware!.

BTW, I found a reference to the fitting instructions on PriusChat. If I can find the link again, I'll publish it here. If not, I can forward a copy of the PDF if anyone wants it. Broadly, there are a number of strips of double sided stick tape on the underside of the pieces. The backing extends beyond the cover, so once you have each piece in place, you carefully pull on the backing strip.

• 4 weeks later...

As I have commented elsewhere on this forum, I think it is quite wrong to buy a new car with the intention to change something so glaringly wrong for the UK and possibly US and European markets. It is the manufacturer's job to remedy this lapse of judgement.
I do not want to buy a new Prius now, only to find that in six months they change the colour of this part.

Neither do I want to be the "butt" of jokes about toilets on wheels.

All this grief over a hideous article that exists so people can guzzle while driving - unbelievable

On 3/2/2016 at 9:50 PM, Devon Aygo said:

The Pruischat price includes both the console and the gearshifter surround, I suspect the Toyota price may just be for the console.

I like it in white, but an avocado one might look nice! 

Do you mean one that looks like half an avocado?

IMHO somebody somewhere high up in Toyota GB hierarchy has made a monumental error of judgement in approving this design 'feature' for UK tastes, especially with no alternative options. If I'd have made an equivalent b*lls up when I was working then I'd have been expecting to pick up my P45 at the end of the month!

I was talking to a sales guy who drove a Gen 4 a few days ago - he thought the white sanitary ware was 'awful', and said many prospective customers had commented likewise.

• Like 1

From a non-Toyota website:

" Just had a test drive in the new Toyota Prius. It is an excellent car and I would have placed an order for one except for the white sanitary ware that is part of the interior trim, will they supply a toilet roll holder in the excesory [sic] list. What was the design department thinking of?"

17 hours ago, Duffryn said:

IMHO somebody somewhere high up in Toyota GB hierarchy has made a monumental error of judgement

Happens every now and then. I think it is called marketing. ;)

12 hours ago, johalareewi said:

Happens every now and then. I think it is called marketing. ;)

as it did with the flying buttress. I wonder how many people cheered at the omission of the flying buttress in the Gen 4 only to be dismayed at the white console.

I must admit I was not impressed with the white console when I first saw the videos, but not having seen it in the flesh yet I will make up my mind when I see the real thing, you never know it might grow on me. :cool:

I think it looks better in models with black leather seats....just saying :smile:

• Like 1

I tried to order the black lower console cover via Priuschat but they won't ship to my address (which I assume means to the UK). I have used Juicedhybrid in the past, but they don't have the console listed. I have tried emailing a US Toyota main dealer who was selling the lower OEM part only for $134 but the email address just bounces back.

If anyone knows of anybody who would ship this part from the US, I'd be very grateful.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:31 PM, AEB-UK said:

Have you seen the adhesive covers available on page 8 of this brochure :-

http://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2016/prius_accessories_ebrochure.pdf

That is what I'm trying to get hold of.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my lower Console Applique today and can confirm the items fits the UK spec (RHD) perfectly. It really blends in the level of white and black with other areas of the car and makes it look much better. I'm very pleased with the result.

SANY0004.JPG

SANY0005.JPG

SANY0006.JPG

81.jpg

87.jpg

• Like 2

Cool, it takes the edge off it. :cool2:

• Like 1

Seems to be the current fashion - Kia Niro hybrid interior:

Kia Niro a Chicago 3-kn9C-U140633653448q2E-620x349@Gazzetta-Web_articolo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just listed on European accessory fitting guide site http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/936420bb-affc-47e8-90ec-77be8205e675/Prius_Centre_console_cover_08281_47810_AIM_003_874_0.pdf

not 100% on full details but looks like an alternative to the white console trim and appears to be a full trim rather than just an applique, I will investigate further and let you know.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Just listed on European accessory fitting guide site http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/936420bb-affc-47e8-90ec-77be8205e675/Prius_Centre_console_cover_08281_47810_AIM_003_874_0.pdf

not 100% on full details but looks like an alternative to the white console trim and appears to be a full trim rather than just an applique, I will investigate further and let you know.

Sadly, the check list on the final page suggests that this is LHD only. I'm not quite sure why, as I thought the console wasn't handed. However, perhaps Toyota GB can get its finger out and make this available in the UK.

In the meantime, I've got a reasonable quote from my dealer for painting the centre console, steering wheel panel, and the gearstick insert. So I'm looking at this as a preferable option.

My car has just arrived at the dealer, brought forward from July. So, I'm seeing the salesman tomorrow to arrange the details.