Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 1 Auris Hybrid Values

ToyotaAurisHybrid

Hello all,

I wondered if anybody can shed some light on why the Gen 1 Auris Hybrid values are so much lower than for Prius's of the same age?

Do they have some common faults or are they simply 'not desired'? We loved ours when we had it as a long term courtesy car a couple of years ago.

Thanks - looking for our next car and thought I'd see if these were 'age-ing well' :smile:

Different market segment (Auris in C sector and Prius in D). Not as high a profile - when people think of hybrids would imagine the first to spring to mind is the Prius.

• Like 1

So nothing untoward to worry about then :smile:

I appreciate they cost less new; just wondered; thank you 👍

When I was looking for a Prius, I found them a little expencive, so went for a Auris hsd, got a top spec T-spirit for much less than I could find a Prius. I`m very happy with it. There`s a little less rear leg room, the boot is slightly smaller and the instrument panel is slightly less high tech. But, as I don`t sit in the back seat or the boot, and the instruments are just fine for me, I`m a happy bunny

• Like 1

Great to hear, thank you. I too would be looking for a t spirit. Am hoping to be able to get a 12 plate with the full screen sat nav and parking camera when the time comes.

how are you finding servicing and part replacement costs?

Not sure how they were specced in the UK, but my Mk 1 had the TNS410 - basically a built-in but demountable TomTom - having seen the cost of built-in Toyota sat-navs' updates, TomTom's at €40 per annum for 4 updates were a bargain - also TomTom updates its maps a lot sooner than the other lot

... Toyota changed over to TomTom mapping when the Touch2 multimedia system was introduced. 

Is the actual mapping Tomtom or just the traffic updates?

Regardless, Toyota don't release updates as quickly as Tomtom does for it's own units

13 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

... Toyota changed over to TomTom mapping when the Touch2 multimedia system was introduced. 

Did that appear in the later gen 1 auris frosty?

No - the Touch2 multimedia system was in the second generation Auris - December 2012 onwards.

Later versions of the first generation Auris had the first generation Touch system.

Mapping companies such as TomTom produce bespoke versions of their maps for motor manufacturers, and it doesn't mean that the mapping used in, for example, TomTom's consumer market devices is the same or is compatible with, say, the version used by Toyota.

• Like 1

Thank you.

G3 Prius prices look to have softened too since I last looked...a result of G4?

The 4th generation would have an effect, though probably a small effect. Saw a report recently that the numbers of cars coming onto the used market from 1 and 3 year PCPs is generally depressing prices as well. 

• Like 1

Would love to get back into a hybrid in the years to come. Mpg in my Subaru Outback is killing me, although the car itself is immense. Mpg just puts me off driving for pleasure's sake

On 04/03/2016 at 2:51 PM, ToyotaAurisHybrid said:

Hello all,

I wondered if anybody can shed some light on why the Gen 1 Auris Hybrid values are so much lower than for Prius's of the same age?

Do they have some common faults or are they simply 'not desired'? We loved ours when we had it as a long term courtesy car a couple of years ago.

Thanks - looking for our next car and thought I'd see if these were 'age-ing well' :smile:

Fuel consumption and size I suspect.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/03/2016 at 3:38 PM, ToyotaAurisHybrid said:

Would love to get back into a hybrid in the years to come. Mpg in my Subaru Outback is killing me, although the car itself is immense. Mpg just puts me off driving for pleasure's sake

I loved my old Subaru Legacy - it was on LPG too :biggrin:

Yes I looked into Prius too, but could only stretched to 2009 model....for same money I bought a 2012 Auris instead :smile:

Still had remaining of 5 years warranty and just had brake fluid changed at Toyota for just £39 (fixed services prices are on their website)

U bought an Auris yet?

On 23/03/2016 at 7:42 AM, Wayne2015 said:

I loved my old Subaru Legacy - it was on LPG too :biggrin:

Yes I looked into Prius too, but could only stretched to 2009 model....for same money I bought a 2012 Auris instead :smile:

Still had remaining of 5 years warranty and just had brake fluid changed at Toyota for just £39 (fixed services prices are on their website)

U bought an Auris yet?

No, it's just a watching brief for now - the Mrs is hankering for the new Prius when my works car lease comes to an end next year. I think my Outback will be around for a few years yet - 2 dogs dictates really. My mileage is about to drop dramatically later this year when our daughter goes to University - no more 12 miles of school run twice daily. That will help to make it more bearable :smile:

I'd go the LPG route too, but won't see the money back doing little or no mileage

Yes

Will take a good few years to recoup LPG costs. But if u can DIY it yourself it will only cost a couple of £100s :smile:

Get an estate Auris ref dogs?

What u mean more bearable - :laugh:

I came down from previous cars of 244bhp Subaru and Corrado VR6 and it is torture! :ohmy:

Just kidding

It's a whole different driving experience, my wallet is heavier these days and I drive like a normal 'safe' person again! :biggrin:

Just traded in my 2010 Auris Hybrid T-Spirit with Factory SatNav (the B9030 DVD based version)

It had 59k miles with full Toyota service history. 

I eventually got £5,400 p/x for it after starting offers of £5,000. 

12 minutes ago, pobrown said:

Just traded in my 2010 Auris Hybrid T-Spirit with Factory SatNav (the B9030 DVD based version)

It had 59k miles with full Toyota service history. 

I eventually got £5,400 p/x for it after starting offers of £5,000. 

So does your profile need updating?

How are you liking your is300h....I had a look at one the other week, F-sport....looked very nice. Though I think a rx might be a better bet the way my mrs drives.

Loving it. Wanted one for ages. 

Live done 1100 miles in it already after only a week. Effortless to drive, so much quieter than the Auris. I've averaged 52mpg which is the same as I got in the Auris. Lots more power though. 

STOP, STOP, STOP........you`ll have me buying one........oh go on, post up a photo to tempt me.

On 25 March 2016 at 8:26 AM, Wayne2015 said:

Yes

Will take a good few years to recoup LPG costs. But if u can DIY it yourself it will only cost a couple of £100s :smile:

Took only 12 months on a car I had it fitted to. Best modification I've ever done :)

DIY LPG fitting becomes an insurance nightmare however.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links