Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Experience with Auris 1.2T Multidrive S?

nielshm

4 minutes ago, Auris 1.6 vvt-i said:

Well, if you can average a 5/10, this is pretty good. This is my all time average with the HSD.

No, it's not an average. That's the lowest posible comsumption under ideal conditions. Average so far is something like 6,5 - 7l./100 km.

I do hope that things gets better as the engine is run in.

Sorry for the inconvenience, one last thing I noticed today. My exhaust pipe is already totally black inside with soot, the cars is only 9 days old and has 550 miles on the clock.

So early, is that normal? Of course it will happen sooner or later, but only 9 days? A brand new engine should be as clean burning as possible, og course it needs to be run in, but still...?? When driving behind other cars, some of them has exhausts that looks like new. It just made me wonder...

• 2 weeks later...

How to perform a hill start?? The other Day I had parked on a very flat 'hill', with a minimal slope. I started up, gearbox put in D, brake released, and the car rolled backwards?? Not more than 30 cm or so, but I could fell a slight 'slip' in the gearbox, maybe it's the torque convertor rolling backwards, why should the belt slip, with only a minimal load? 

The engine and gearbox was heated up, so its not related to cold starts. 

• 1 month later...

I just want to share an experience with you. I've just returned from the Garda Lake, so I've driven a lot on the German Autobahn. 

There are 2 things. The multidrive is not easy to drive at high speeds, 80 miles and above on a flat and level road. The Kassel hils makes the engine rev up to 4.000 rpm at 6-8% slope, when trying to hold 70-75 miles up hill. 

Now the worst part. There's a lot of traffic jams, speeds very slow, and that's where the Multidrive drives me nuts. Typical driving style is a bit of acceleration, let the car roll along, a bit of acceleration and so on. Every time I accelerate, I can hear and feel a slight 'clonk' from the gearbox. It's not like the belt slips, but it feels like something with to big tolerences. It easy to feel at 10-40 miles, and with a big 'STAU', it can happen hundreds of times. 

The car has now done allmost 5.000 miles. 

The Multidrive S in my Avensis didn't let the car roll backwards on hill starts, nor did it ever clunk on any occasion.  I'd get it checked out if it was me.

6 hours ago, alan333 said:

The Multidrive S in my Avensis didn't let the car roll backwards on hill starts, nor did it ever clunk on any occasion.  I'd get it checked out if it was me.

Trust me, I will. A quick drive around town with a mechanic won't show any defects. The speed has to be low, driving style must be relaxed, otherwise you won't feel anything. 

So I have to find a proper road with plenty of space to drive slowly and simulate a traffic jam, otherwise I fear evrything will feel normal. 

I've got the CVT box and the car will roll backwards on a steep hill starts - I just use the hill start assist feature.

Can't say I'ever had any problems in level road stop and go traffic.