Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.33 / 2009 wiring questions

teodor k

Hello, i have several questions about the wiring of Auris 1.33 / 2009.

1. How can i check if the car is pre-wired for fog lights? (none installed at the moment)

2. How can i check if the car is pre-wired for back door Speakers? (none installed at the moment)

3. Can i put a nav system from another Auris/Toyota? (the standard regular cd/radio installed at the moment)

4. If 3 is possible - does that mean that i can also install a standard Auris reverse camera?

VIN is: nmtkt58e90r012382

Thanks

As far as I'm aware the Auris won't be pre-wired for either the front foglights or the rear Speakers. Think the rear Speakers would need the door wiring loom.

I installed TAS300 headunit from GT86 to my Auris. Needed adapter cable for the cables and fascia adapter. I have camera that replaces the standard plate light. I don't have cables for the rear Speakers, but I don't even want those, since I sit on front :)

The car is pre-wired for rear speakers; wires finish in B pillar connector. You have to put pins in correspondent connector, route wires through grommet, and install new Speakers inside doors (I proceeded in this way with my Auris). Regarding fog lights, you can check if fog beam connectors are there, in their places. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2016 at 8:18 PM, JarnoSe said:

I have camera that replaces the standard plate light. I don't have cables for the rear speakers, but I don't even want those, since I sit on front :)

Could you please tell me what camera are you using and are you happy with it? I also want to insert one that replaces the plate light.

6 hours ago, teodor k said:

Could you please tell me what camera are you using and are you happy with it? I also want to insert one that replaces the plate light.

It's one like this. I'm satisfied with it, although I had to replace the voltage regulator from the cameras cabling harness. I use it with Toyota Touch headunit, and it gives 6V to the camera, and the harness had 12V->5V regulator.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Did you got sorted with the fog lights? I got a question.

I am installing the OEM fog lights kit into a 2016 Auris pre-wired but...

In the kit you get 2 wires harnesses apart from the fog lights, cable ties......:

1st harness- (Engine bay)From the fog lights to the inside of the car passing for earth, Battery....

2nd harness-Car Interior) From the fog lights switch to the previous loom.

Now, my problem is:

I started to install the fog lights In the pre-wire Auris 

1st Harness- (Engine bay) its there I can plug the fog lights 

I took the blanking plate and found a cable for the switch but only the night light with the symbol of the fog light in blue but no on light on the switch and no fog lights turn on.

then I realize that the 2nd harness- (Inside car) Its NOT there (Which is fine because I have it in the Kit) I installed but the only problem is that:

I cant find the Inside connection of the pre-wired 1st harness (Fog) to connect it to the 2nd harness (Swicth)

Any ideas??

Thanks for your help

Have you check the installation instruction on the tech-doc?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links