Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unable to read data (DVD Sat Sav)

HitenV

I have a Generation 01 DVD Sat Nav unit in my 2002 Corolla (head unit 19001 with disc unit Aisin/Toyota 86841-13020 under the pax seat).  Has been working fine until I returned from a trip where the car not drive 2 weeks.  The head unit is throwing up the error "Unable to read data.  Check if map DVD is correct".  I've tried the following:

Cleaned the DVD (it's hardly been taken out)

Opened the disc unit and cleaned the lens with an air duster and a cleaning disc.

Tried a non-map disc - the unit then displays a different message - insert correct map disc.

I can hear the disc unit spin.

Has anyone seen this problem before - any ideas or advise would be grateful.

20160124_135354.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi friends... i bought this unit too and im trying to connect AV rca blue connector but i dont know how to activate image or sound... can you tell me what connectors is connected on your car to the back of the unit? Blue 6pin rca connector is connected too??

• 1 year later...

I'm having the exact same issue - it started after having the Battery disconnected due to mechanical work. Has anyone solved it? I have a 2007 Corolla and the CD/radio/SatNav system is the B9003.

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links