#21 corrolaSR1998

corrolaSR1998

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corrola

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:59 PM

i have a 98 corrola SR, the key fob broke ages ago. i opened it up and the battery holder had broke. i tried to fix it but it wouldnt work, but i didnt realise you had to reset by holding the buttons. gona give it another go tonight now.. hope it works. is there anywhere i could buy an empty case, as my has broke in several places. it has 2 buttons, has denso 12440 , MPT1340 and some other stuff on it.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#22 bigchris1976

bigchris1976

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: Celica VVTi190

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:24 AM

Toyota Celica VVTi190 (2000) Key reprogramming - This works!!!
My remote suddenly decided to stop working today. Typically when I was in a rush to get to work and needed something from the car!
I figured since I've had the car a while that the battery must be on it's way out even though the LED on the key fob still worked when the buttons were pressed.

Thankfully I was at home and had enough time to nip into town to Maplins to buy a new battery (a CR1616).
However, after swapping the battery it still refused to work and I couldn't use the car as I had no way of disabling the alarm.
Much to the annoyance of my neigbours after a couple of attempts!

I figured there must be a solution to this, and probably something to do with pairing the unit to the car again.
After a quick google I came across this forum :D

After reading through the good advice of Paddocker & Anhar's experience, combined with a little patience the following solution worked for me:

1. Stand directly next to the drivers door as near to the dash as possible
2. Hold the lock & unlock buttons down for 15 seconds
3. Lock & unlock the car using the remote

It took me a couple of attempts but it did work in the end!

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

#23 saker1974

saker1974

• Registered Member
  • 4 posts
  • Toyota Model: Carina E 1.6

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:31 AM

Just wanted to say a great big thank you to all on this particular thread! I had a Toyota Carina E 1995 M reg with the red/black side pin alarm last year and it failed. i read your threads and tried everything in it and it wouldn't re-synchronise and when i took it to Toyota they put it on the computer and the alarm was basically shot, not the Key fob itself.

Anyway it cost 450 quid to have the old alarm ripped out and a new one fitted.

Despite this trouble, I now have an R Reg Toyota Carina E CD 1997 and yesterday whilst at a Market atleast an hour from home, the battery ran out on the key fob - i was pig sick as had left my master (central locking) key in the glove box and had to get AA out to break into the car. However managed to drive home, but spent all of yesterday upset as figured would be same problem as older car.

How wrong i was, we replaced the battery and it still wouldn't work, so the only way i could get in the car without the siren going off (doesn't have a key to turn it off and can't figure out where siren is under the bonet) was to park car and without turning engine off, pop the bonet, and leave it in the up position then i could turn engine off and leave car parked up until i wanted to go out again, then i had to start engine before closing bonet - this makes you feel really stupid.

However i decided to take another look on here just in case and I love you all, cos i followed the "Press both buttons twice" approach for a 97 model as advised on here and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now i can drive my car without looking stupid anymore!

On a special note, the M Reg toyota is currently on Ebay and parked up as it needs a new cat/exhaust and i can't afford it - so if any of you need a new alarm for your Toyota cos it's gone duff, then bid on it as it's a Scorpion Alarm/Immobiliser and it's only been fitted 6 months! Not same problems as traditional factory fitted alarm! That is off course if you have the knowledge to strip the immobiliser/alarm out of my toyota and fit it to yours.

Cara xx

#24 skybooks

skybooks

• Registered Member
  • 9 posts
  • Toyota Model: Avensis

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

My remote also died. 40 is a ripoff!

#25 skybooks

skybooks

• Registered Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

My remote also died. 40 is a ripoff!

#26 skybooks

skybooks

• Registered Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:25 AM

An Avensis 2001! These should be free.

#27 BigKevB

BigKevB

• Registered Member
  • 6 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: '04 Avensis T-Spirit 2.0 D4D and '06 Yaris T-Spirit 1.4 D4D
  • Year: 2006

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:49 AM

TRY THIS; TAKE BATTERIES OUT. PUT FINGERS WHERE BATTERIES GO TO DISCHARGE ANT CAPACITANCE! PUT BATTERIED BACK. CLOSE UP AND POINT FOB AT BONNET AREA AND PRESS BOTH BUTTONS FOR 10 SEC. THEN PRESS ONE BUTTON!

I THINK

This sort of worked on my '97 1.8 CD...

Here's what I did:
1) Replace battery in key fob
2) insert key and turn ignition on without starting engine
3) press and hold BOTH buttons on fob, red light goes on, then flashes then stays on... wait for the flashes to finish and 2nd constant light
4) try door unlock button.

#28 t40

t40

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • First Name:greg
  • Toyota Model: toyota corolla verso
  • Year: 2002

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

I have a 2002 corolla verso, the key fob doesn't work ages ago. i opened it up, the battery holder and battery is good. i tried to fix it but it wouldn't work. Could anyone help me?

#29 t40

t40

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • First Name:greg
  • Toyota Model: toyota corolla verso
  • Year: 2002

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

Thanks

#30 Patrick Boyle

Patrick Boyle

• Registered Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

This website lists many of the programming sequences for Toyota keys and remotes. They are all a FREE download.

www.carkeyhelp.co.uk

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users