Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Skittering

Aqualung666

I've noticed recently that every time I go over potholes the Rav seems to skitter sideways a bit, generally doesn;t feel like it's holding the road very well.  It may have always doen this and its just that there are more pot holes at the moment so I'm noticing it. Hard to explain really but just doesn't seem to deal with bumps and holes well and feels like it jumps a tiny bit to the side.  I know Ravs have hard suspension but this doesn't feel like thats the main cause.  I wondered if any of you had an idea what it could be,  suspension, track rods? 

Tyre pressures too high?

Shock absorbers worn out???

It's definately not tyre pressure as I always check them every week and put in correct amount.  Shocks could be a possibility as it's done 65,000 miles and I have to go over some rough surfaces to get in and out of where I live.  I just wasn't sure if there was anything else like track rods that could be the cause.  

Is there a particular type of shockers that are better than others for the Rav or are they all the same? If it is them, it might be worth putting some better ones on.

Weak tyre sidewalls ? Maybe been affected with all the potholes ?

Del

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links