Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'05 Drivers side sun visor??

richard10002

My wifes Rav 4 has the droopy drivers sun visor which is not only irritating, but probably also dangerous in the event of an emergency stop.

We have been unable to find a visor from a breakers so far, (7 day parts in Birmingham seem to be very busy, and havent answered their phone on several attempts).

Any suggestions for sourcing a second hand working visor, before we Shell out £175 to Toyota for a new one - on the basis that life is too short to mess about?

How about a small piece of velcro on the headlining to hold the visor up?

Phil.

I had the same problem -velcro doesn't really work as you get a tugging of the headliner when you try to pull it down.  Visor part number is 74310-42360-B0   . Buying a used one is unlikely to work as it will be at least 10 years old and jsut as used. You are over a barrel.

I'm feeling the same pain on this one - I've owned much older Honda's and Nissan's (10yrs+) and never had a sun visor issue before - the salt in the wound is the expensive OEM part price charged by Toyota - seriously, a daft bit of plastic with an attachment rod/fixing - £170. :ohmy:  Exactly what is the visor made of to charge so much - there should be an official repair kit or at least Toyota should look again at pricing as there does seem to be a high failure rate with this part.

My search for a non-broken bit of plastic tat continues but in the meantime I had a black filter strip professionally fitted to the top of the windscreen and it's doing a really decent job. Maybe worth trying this and simply  removing the broken visor for now? 

Can you shove something in beside the 'shaft' thus tightening it?  Like a cotton bud/match etc, or even something sticky like sellotape - it might grip against it.

I had same issue, they look cheaper even with import charges from the states, and are cheaper direct from Japan, anyama.com . But still too much , I had mine apart and tried to repair but no good so tried a breaker and had to send one back as was worse than the one I had but in the end managed to get one from Khan , 7 day parts and like new for £40 .

Rather than Velcro I'm currently thinking of a couple of opposite pole adhesive backed magnets, but am having trouble creating the right search term. 

I can find single magnets,  but if I got two, and they were the same pole, they would repel... Unless I'm missing something? 

Isn't it just one magnet and one piece of metal you need?

Same problem as with velcro I think -if you want to open the visor you will be pulling on the lining . Who is Khan? 

Khan.. 7 day parts Birmingham 0121 3591295 he,s the chap who found me a good one.

Ordered some opposite pole magnetic tapes to see how it goes - the headlining seems pretty firm, rather than cloth on plastic, so fingers crossed.

I've tried calling 7 day parts a few times, but it rings and rings. I've been in plenty of parts shops where, if they are busy with physical customers, they ignore a ringing phone.... I cant seem to find an email address??

I had the same problem with the passenger side sun visor on my Rav and my local Toyota dealer supplied and fitted one for £45.

Don't why they are asking for £175 sounds like a rip off to me. 

1 hour ago, Doosan said:

I had the same problem with the passenger side sun visor on my Rav and my local Toyota dealer supplied and fitted one for £45.

Don't why they are asking for £175 sounds like a rip off to me. 

Which dealer?

I think that part is for the mark 3 -hough why the mark 2 price should be so much more expensive...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links