Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starlet Sportif Wiring

Captain Starlet

Allrate ppl, as i said sum where else in here iev got a central locking kit an alarm to fit,but sumthin i noticed the other day,where the wiring go thru on my door,as i cudnt see a bung coverin ne pre made holes etc ,where are the on the SR's or ne 1 got ne ideas pls

Pllssss help lol

Thanks

soory forgot another thing.....

does ne one no where the relays and fuses etc wud normally b for the central locking.....(Damn haynes ppl if only they made us sum manuals)

Thanks for ya help ppl

its greatly needed

(B4 it gets nicked lol)

i went and bought the kit from maplins for £30 admittedly i didn't need two of the motors but the relays and fuses came with that, i just took a 12v from the Battery and grounded it on the nearest convenient piece of metal work.

I also asked my toyota dealer if there should be bungs in it, and he said the 5dr have different doors and the 3dr sportif (the one i have) doesn't have any bungs in it)

as for the doors, i took both doors off the car to check for bungs and there weren't any in the driver side, there was a big hole in the passenger side but it was on the outside of the doorseal, so i drilled two holes in both of the doors and put my wiring through there, i also drilled holes in the b pillar (dunno which letter it is) but its the one where door hinge mounts to.

then i went down the scrappie and got some rubber tubing to pass from the chassis to the door.

hope this helps mate

have a nice day

sv

soz m8 i dunno ote about it im just lucky i got a SR n aint gotta play about wiv the doors :)

jesus,on the whole m8 wud u say its worth doin? sounds quite fussy or wud u say its ok?

yep id say its ok havin c/l as standard n a lockin button in side, i wudnt no where start if i tryed wire i c/l kit up :)

on the whole i'd say its well worth having because i'd say starlet security is ****. breaking in is easy, just smash the window and lift up the pin and your in. then starting is also a doddle, there are 3 connections in the key box you just have to bridge with wire and it starts, no immobiliser!

fitting is not easy but well worth it, i can post some pictures and stuff if it wil help?

have a nice day

sanj

pls do m8,as ive got all the stuff ready i jus hit a brick wall wen i dint find a bung,i asumed thered b one there lol,whoops, but yer if u cud do me like a lil guide or sumink on ere or email me one plssss wiv lots of pics :D

kingacx@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up but ma car is still sat there waitin to b smashed up as im waitin for sum1 to write about this for me,sum1 said they was gunna write a guide or sumthin for me :( nothin, need full help about wiring and cuttin ma doors an car etc for the wires

plssss help

I'm working on it! just not very good with html, i'll post what i got up tomorrow and add stuff to that, that will at least get you started

have a nice day

sanj

exxxcellent ,thanks m8,thought u had forgot about meh :$ lol,cheers

right i can't do html its so difficult so i will post instructions on here

anyway

central locking:-

1. first you need to take the trim panel off your doors, the worst bit is getting the window winders off, i find a really long flat head screwdriver is the best thing to use to get the pin out. you have to push the trim in slightly and you will see the window winder pin, just push it and it will pop out. its like a U shape.

2. remove the thing you use to "pull shut" the door on the inside, its not the door handle its the other grey plasticy thing, get a flat bladed screwdriver and lever it up at the seems it should pop out. i would use a cloth to prevent damage to the plastic when you lever it. remove the two screws from behind it.

3. remove the inner door handle, first of all remove the screw from the door handle, then slide the entire doorhandle forwards, ie towards the front of the car! you should be able to see a rod and a plastic clip behind it. unclip the plastic piece from the rod, this is easier said than done. just be warned you have to unclip the plastic piece before you can get the rod out, you can't get the rod and plastic piece out in one go. if you do it you'll know what i mean. put the door handle to one side

4. right now you should be able to pull the trim off, where the fabric part of the trim is, go round the edges with a flat bladed screwdriver and lever it and the trim should come off. i can actually do it by hand without a screwdriver but have just put that in there to sound like a haynes manual.

5. you may have to remove the upper plastic piece of the trim, its held on by two screws just remove them and lift the upper piece UPWARDS! - make sure your window is down as this makes it easier.

6. you should be able to see a plasic sheet infront of you this is the vapor barrier. peel it away carefully (don't tear it), if you do tear it a bit of silicone will fix it.

7. install your central locking motors as per the instructions that came with your kit. usually it is a bit of rod that connects to the door pin and pushes upwards and downwards.

8. drilling holes - this bit is not for the feint hearted, you will need to go down your local scrappy and get some rubber tubing/gaiter, although in my maplins kit it just had bare wiring going between the door and the car, so i guess this is okay. anyway you need to drill two 10mm holes, one in the chasssis and one in the door - **if someone knows how to post a picture on here please tell me!**

same goes for the other door

9. remove lower part of dashboard on both sides, on drivers side there are 4 screws holding this bit on. on the passenger side, open the glovebox and there are about 3 there and a couple lower down.

10. you may have to unclip the bonnet release cable, depending on how taught it is.

11. Wiring - for the +12v i used the biggest wire behind the ignition system, i don't actually know what this does but as the central locking consumes naff all power i spliced this and used that, for ground i used a bolt that was connected to an unpainted part of the car. i should just point out it was dark and i couldn't tell what color the wire was

I strongly suggest you get hold of a multimeter stick one end into the wire you want to splice and the other end on a grounding point (the door lock on the car is usually a good place) then measure the voltage difference it should be about 11-12v. then turn your ignition all they way and check this doesn't change.

12. you will have to route the wires through the holes you made in step 8 to the doors and optional rubber tubing, connect the central locking motors up on both sides and have a test.

13. refit trim, it was the reverse of removal! but make sure everything works.

HOpe this helps mate, if you get really really stuck then hop down the A180 and i will be able to give you a hand!

have a nice day

sanj

hmm ok sounds kinda do able,cud u email me ne pics u have tho pls m8

kingacx@hotmail.com

an btw incase of emergency where do you live?

hi mate,

i'm in grimsby, i tried sending you pictures but i got a bounced from the server, i think the email i tried to send was too big?!?

have a nice day

sv

ok im wiv u so far wiv ur guide printed it an everythin lol its all gud but wot about the drillin? cud u giv me more details where about u did it an did u av to take the door of etc pls m8

okay mate, it should be in the post. i shrunk it down to 28k

have a nice day

sanj

oh i forgot to add, no you don't have to take the door off, its a bit of a squeeze but not necessary. You need a 13mm of whatever diameter your tubing is drill bit and a corded drill, i don't think a cordless would be good enough.

have a nice day

sanj

so where about did u drill cos i cant get to the bit near the wing,unless u fit the dril between the wing an the door? or did u do the other side (the bit that faces u if ur in the driving seat,cs i thought it was the side near the wing no the car u had to drill?)

Plsss help as my install is almost dun an i aint doin the alarm till i acn put ma alarm/central lockin/microwave sensors in at once

thank you for ur time

uve bin a great help so far! tis apreciated

*cant spell or type lol

if you look carefully at the picture i sent you, the black tubing comes out of the bit that faces you when you are in the driver seat. i just squeezed my drill in there.

have a nice day

sv

allrate m8 i no im a pain like but its all for a gd cause lol,thanks loooads so far m8,but i aint recieved ya email, can ya try sendin it again pls m8 kingacx@hotmail.ocm

or maybe posting it on here or sumin

allrate m8 wot kinda tubin av u used? an where does it go when the door closes? back into the door or folds flat etc... thanks a million uve bin gr8 so far m8

it goes back into the door and its high pressure air hose, i just made the hole in the door slightly bigger and it slides nicely in. its on the dry side of the doorseal so it should be okay. having said that the door is exposed to moisture anyway so shouldn't make any difference.

have a nice day

sanj

• 4 years later...