Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verso v Vauxhall Zafira

etaf

we are currently looking at replacing a Zafira (we have had a few now) this one is 12yrs old ad 200K on the clock so time for a change as the MOT is going to be expensive 

A garage left a message they have a 

TOYOTA VERSO DIESEL ESTATE 5DR
2.0 ICON D-4D [122] 7 SEAT WITH REVERSING CAMERA & bluetooth PLUS POWERFOLD MIR

Which we had not considered 

Just looking at views on this car and particularly the engine 

is this Diesel likely to last 200-300K miles 

its a 13 plate and had a service OCt 2014 @ 8000 miles now it has 16000 miles on the clock 

£13500 

after having 4 zafira as company cars up util 2006 - when i purchased my old 2yr company car which is the one we still have - we have found the zafira to be excellent 

Not sure we like the new tourer though 

Thanks 

Hi Wayne, welcome to the forum :smile:

Is the engine capable of doing 200-300k? Yes, but to be honest I don't think that any car manufacturer can guarantee a modern common-rail turbo-diesel engine getting to 200-300k without requiring some work at some point - they have become too complex & are no longer the simple, bomb-proof engines that diesels used to be.

If the car meets your needs & you like it the good points are that it still has lots (2+ years) of Toyota warranty left (which can also be extended) & in my experience Toyota dealers tend to be better than Vx dealers (possibly because they also tend to be smaller than Vx dealers). Of course there are always exceptions to rules so there are some not-so-good Toyota dealers  & you may have a good relationship with a convenient Vx dealer.

10 hours ago, etaf said:

we are currently looking at replacing a Zafira (we have had a few now) this one is 12yrs old ad 200K on the clock so time for a change as the MOT is going to be expensive 

A garage left a message they have a 

TOYOTA VERSO DIESEL ESTATE 5DR
2.0 ICON D-4D [122] 7 SEAT WITH REVERSING CAMERA & BLUETOOTH PLUS POWERFOLD MIR

Which we had not considered 

Just looking at views on this car and particularly the engine 

is this Diesel likely to last 200-300K miles 

its a 13 plate and had a service OCt 2014 @ 8000 miles now it has 16000 miles on the clock 

£13500 

after having 4 zafira as company cars up util 2006 - when i purchased my old 2yr company car which is the one we still have - we have found the zafira to be excellent 

Not sure we like the new tourer though 

Thanks 

Check as it appears as the last service was in Oct 2014 which is 18 months ago it will not effect the 5 year warrenty

good point, overlooked that :blush: