Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Home Servicing

thom1983

Hi

this seems like a good place to post this.  I have just changed the oil on my 2.2 Avensis for the second time and am keen to keep home servicing.  As this time would of been a 'full service' as opposed to an intermediate one, is there a list of what else should be checked?  Does a service schedule exist for a diesel avensis?

what year is your Avensis?

https://www.toyota.co.uk/download/cms/gben/TSP%20Service%20Inclusions%20RH%20Updated%2004-04-16%20_tcm-3060-294039.pdf

There is an old service schedule available in the public domain but there is probably a newer one through https://www.toyota-tech.eu

I think its a 2008 that was registered as 2009.  Its got 58 on its plate.

1 hour ago, Eightball said:

As this time would of been a 'full service' as opposed to an intermediate one, is there a list of what else should be checked?  Does a service schedule exist for a diesel avensis?

Change the oil and oil filter every service.  Check the air filter - if it's dirty change it, and it's the same with the pollen filter.  There will be a specified schedule for changing the fuel filter (and air filter), but personally I'd do it once every two or three services.  Check the drive belt for cracks, especially on the ribbed underside - if there are any then change it.  The book probably says every 5 or 6 years for the belt.

There's lots more stuff like lubricating the door check straps and checking Wiper Blades etc but you can do these as you go.  You should check the suspension, steering, exhaust and brake components too.

I think your engine is chain driven but if I'm wrong and it's belt driven then make sure the timing belt is changed according to the proper schedule.

Thanks

I got the maintenance shcedule... its quite alot to take in.  It does make me wonder is it worth taking the car to a dealer and paying the full amount at say 30, 60 or 90 k miles as they would (should) actually do quite a bit?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links