Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DRL aftermarker install project/guide (include electric part)

speusippo

Hello,

I would like to install a couple of DLR on my Toyota IQ 1.0cc 2011. I found on the web many aftermarket parts... but I'm a newbie of car tuning! Does anyone have a scheme/guide/project to install DLR?

Any help will be useful!

Thanks,

J.

Hi, it really depends what type of DRL you want and what look you are after. I fitted some Osram LED Fog/DRL lights that replaced my original fog lights. Have a look at page 4 of my thread to give you an idea. 

• Like 1

Dear Mark,
thanks a lot for your message. Actually I'm looking for a more conservative solution: I use very often Toyota fog lights. I live in a small village far from big cities and I have to drive on dark, small, roads. I use fog lights to have a good view on the left and on the right, to enlarge the spectrum. And they works for this goal!

I would like to use led lights like that mounted on Renault Clio (for example): 5 (more or less) led in a bar. I think they can fit the black grid near fog lights.
I found them on eBay, but they are not for IQ but general purpose. I really don't know where to connect them to have them switched on as I switch on the car.. and switched off when I turn on lights, like all DRL.

Have you some hints?

Jacopo

It will probably depend on the kit you buy, mine came all pre-wired with a control box as they can be configured in different ways depending on the regulations where you live i.e:

DRL's only on with side/headlights off

DRL's dimmed with side/headlights on

Turn Assist (Fog light comes on with relevant indicator)

As far as I can remember I only had to connect a Battery +ve, -ve, ignition +ve and a feed from the side light wire.

Some other people on here have fitted the bar type DRL's you are after, they will not doubt be along shortly to let you know what they did.

P.S. I found the Toyota fog light really useless, even in the fog switching them on made no difference at all, these Osram fog lights are superb.

Just installed these yesterday.

392fd2fd-57f6-44e1-9b41-ddfd5da120d6.jpg

• Like 2

Very neat, I do like those; tell us more (where from, how fitted, how much) :wink:

Dave

I bought the LED version of the angel eyes.

This is because I can wire them up to the interior lamp and they will fade in and out like welcome lights.

I have also ordered up the DRL module to make them dim when headlamps are on and also to go out when indicators come on too

I have not finished wiring them in yet but I will update when I have.

P.S - the 3M double sided tape that came with them in the box is crap, I used hot melt glue to secure them instead.

• Like 1

Adam, how much they costs? The wiring is simply? One can connect they instead of position light?

J.

These cost less than £20.

It is difficult to price for me because I have bought x2 of everything as I have a set of European headlights too.

The wiring for now has been set up just on the side lights to check that they work. Now I have ordered up the wiring harness to make them dim when headlights come on and go off when indicators come on.

The size needed are 105mm outside diameter

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auto-Halo-Ring-3014-SMD-Headlight-60-65-72-80-85-90-100-105-110-115/32325934733.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.78.9xgvcL&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_6,searchweb201602_1_10017_10005_10006_10034_10021_507_10022_10032_10020_10018_10019_9915,searchweb201603_9&btsid=43b6e564-2eaa-4c7e-b873-47b2c8fe924c

Am i assuming there is a pair of wires that are visable making their way to the side light feed at the moment Adam

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links