Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear View Mirror Vibration......

elfie

Hello all......

New to the forum and to the IQ having only picked mine up yesterday!

So far, so good on the whole, very enjoyable to drive with the feeling of a much bigger car, however I am noticing a vibration on the rear view mirror particular when at speed. Quite annoying as it is appearing blurry to me.......

Is this an IQ thing or is it be something that I go back to Toyota with?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Ellie - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Does it occur within a particular rpm range or over a specific speed range? Think the IQ can suffer from vibration around 2,000rpm.

It depends, is yours the 1 ltr or the 1.33 ltr ? The 1.33 doesn't vibrate, whereas the 1.0 is a three cylinder so does get some vibration.

First, make sure the mirror is secure; I had this once in my old Fiesta and ignored it, assuming it was just a thing, then one day the whole mirror fell off and hit my mate in the crotch while I was going round a roundabout :laugh:

I also get it on occasion in my Yaris (Nowhere near as severe) when I'm on roads with poor surfaces; Mine is prone to it because I run at higher tyre pressures than standard and I find more of these high-frequency vibrations get transmitted.

If it is engine vibration, rev the car higher; The 3-cylinder 1.0 VVTI engine is weird as it seems to get smoother the higher it revs!

I have a subwoofer in my car which vibrates the rear view mirror like crazy but after fitting a Broadway mirror onto of the oem mirror, it does not vibrate much.

If you are driving the 1 litre engine then you will get vibration in the rear view mirror, I get it all the time, I tend to ignore it and use the other mirrors if possible until I'm coasting along with no vibrations. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links