Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK1 Yaris SR Springs

Bazookab

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum today! I don't own a Toyota myself but I do quite a bit of work on my girlfriends Yaris and the forums always been a good source of info so I thought I'd ask here.

It's a 2001 Yaris 1.3 SR and it's due for it's MOT this weekend, so I'd like to get the rear springs done before it goes in as they were an advisory last time due to corrosion. Question is, were the mk1 SR's fitted with standard springs or were they lowered? I don't want to swap out the rears and end up with a wonky car! 

If it is in fact lowered then I'll probably get a full set of lowering springs and swap out the fronts too, seems like it'd be the most cost effective way to do it. If so, can anyone recommend a cheap set which isn't completely crap?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Hello Adam - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

9 hours ago, Bazookab said:

It's a 2001 Yaris 1.3 SR and it's due for it's MOT this weekend, so I'd like to get the rear springs done before it goes in as they were an advisory last time due to corrosion.

If it's only an advisory, then I wouldn't bother. I've never heard of springs being criticised on an MOT, unless they're broken.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Bathtub tom, I took your advice and left it. 

It was MOT'd the other day and everything was fine, didn't even get another advisory for it so that saved me a few quid!