Do Not Sell My Personal Information

engine not stopping

Andy H777

Engine is not always stopping when it should, been on long run, everything charged and nothing demanding power or heat.

And when pull away slowly the engine starts below the half power mark when it never did this before.

Seems ok after a rest, just been serviced (40k) was doing it sometimes before service also.

Might be useful to know whether you have petrol (1.33 or 1.6), diesel or hybrid.

Sorry it is 1.8 petrol hybrid.

Most of the time it is fine, just now and then that the engine just keeps going.

• 1 month later...

Even when gliding down hill or stopped at the lights?

Should be without electric motor or ICE running, I would take it back to Mr T and let them check it out.

• 1 month later...

ok whatever type or length of journey the engine would be running ALL the time but not first thing in the morning. Toyota first said it was all the stuff I had plugged into 12v (rubbish) so to test I ran everything off a power pack and not the car for 2 weeks, problem still the same. 

Hybrid system not kicking in sometimes meaning when you need to pull away quick, there was a frightening delay!!!

Took it back today with holding my evidence that the machanic said last time there was something wrong but they didnt admit it!!! Said no fault!

Just had a call and they say it is the vent on the rear seat dusty and the fan inside and are cleaning it and road test says ok! Only happened to a couple of vehicles uk wide so that is why they missed it last time!

It was the hybrid Battery getting hot that was causing the problem(knew there was one)!

Tomorrow will test properly.

you normally have bad miles per gallon when the air vent becomes clogged / blocked

so you could also check your mpg after as well see if it has become better

Yes, to be honest the mpg has gone down and down, even before the engine was running on. 

Unfortunately I couldn`t test it friday as spent 8hrs at hospital but I will on Monday.

I think I will ask toyota how to get to the hybrid Battery and clean properly more often.

meanwhile I will make a thing to fit the vent, blast with airline and put hoover on it to catch some of the dust.