Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris DPF check

ksareen

Hello all,

I've just agreed to buy a 2009 Toyota Yaris TR 1.4 D-4D with 107K miles for £3K, single owner, FTSH.

Reg is YX09PCU. This comes with a 6 speed manual gearbox.

When I check this model's details on Parkers, I find that its a EURO 5 vehicle. Does that mean that it comes with a DPF?

Rang local Toyota dealer who say they cannot confirm unless they see the car (2 pipes from exhaust manifold it seems)?

Car is about 150 miles away, so cannot check myself, and the owner does not know much. Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

Yaris.JPG

Call main dealer parts and ask if reg number shows as DPF being fitted, thats going to get you the most definite answer.

Please read my post again. Main dealer @ Rayleigh is not sure with the reg I provided.

7 minutes ago, ksareen said:

Please read my post again. Main dealer @ Rayleigh is not sure with the reg I provided.

I'd try another then, they should be able to tell from the chassis number whats fitted to the car and what isn't. God only knows how they ever expect to supply the correct parts if they can't.

No DPF fitted but car is showing as outstanding 2 recalls 1 for Drivers & 1 for Passengers airbag inflator replacement.

• Like 1

Many thanks Devon Aygo.

I am confused as to why the recalls have not been done so far as the car comes with full Toyota Service History.

How is the 6 speed manual gearbox?

I have a choice of 08 reg 5 speed Yaris for the same amount but it has only done 60K miles.

What would you suggest?

22 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

No DPF fitted 

That surprises me. I'd thought that the facelift that took it from 5 to 6 gears was when the DPF was introduced. There must me a relative handful of cars with 6 speed but no DPF. (Or maybe a handful of late 5 speeds with DPF.)

12 hours ago, ksareen said:

Many thanks Devon Aygo.

I am confused as to why the recalls have not been done so far as the car comes with full Toyota Service History.

As mentioned in another thread (in fact quite a lot around the web in general) the number of airbags involved is many millions across almost all the major carmakers. The risk isn't very high and with the rate that new bags are becoming available it will be years before all cars are done. Priority is being given (generally) to the oldest and those in high humidity zones.

I've had notification that both our cars (1 Toyota and 1 Ford) are both subjects but basically not to hold my breath for it :smile:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ksareen said:

I have a choice of 08 reg 5 speed Yaris for the same amount but it has only done 60K miles.

What would you suggest?

I'd seriously consider that. It definitely won't have a DPF.

Depends to an extent on whether you'll be doing a lot of motorway work, though in fact our 58 has been hacked up and down the M6 for many miles at speed and hasn't felt stressed.

• Like 1

I thought if the car tax was £20 pa then it had a DPF. If it was £30 pa then it did not.

• Like 1

According to the DVLA vehicle checker, the Yaris featured in the first post emits 109g/km and the VED is £20 per year

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a definite way to check if the car has got a DPF without taking it to Toyota? What would you check for? When I rang Toyota regarding recalls on my vehicle, I asked them and they couldn't tell me and to ask when the car goes in the garage for the recalls.

Might be a help to know what year your Yaris is ......

On 12/05/2016 at 4:36 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Might be a help to know what year your Yaris is ......

My Yaris is a 2010, do you need any more info? Is there a physical way to tell if it has one?

Was it manufactured in 2010? a 2010 should have one - afaik all diesels made since 2009 are required to in Europe.

4 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Was it manufactured in 2010? a 2010 should have one - afaik all diesels made since 2009 are required to in Europe.

Not so on a Yaris D4d

Cars built from Nov 2008 ( such as the one in the first post ) received Toyota's Optimal drive improvements: lower emissions, 6 speed transmission & higher Torque, only Yaris d4d built from July 2010 had DPF fitted

• Like 1

11 hours ago, radders112 said:

My Yaris is a 2010, do you need any more info? Is there a physical way to tell if it has one?

The only ways to tell are ask your local dealer with the VIN number or remove the upper engine cover and look at the EGR cooler see pictures:

1.4 d4d pre dpf.png

1.4 d4d with DPF.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Not so on a Yaris D4d

Cars built from Nov 2008 ( such as the one in the first post ) received Toyota's Optimal drive improvements: lower emissions, 6 speed transmission & higher Torque, only Yaris d4d built from July 2010 had DPF fitted

10 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The only ways to tell are ask your local dealer with the VIN number or remove the upper engine cover and look at the EGR cooler see pictures:

Thanks for your help, the car will be due a service in the next few months so will enquire then. When I entered my car details on the toyota recall checker, here is what the information told me;

Toyota Yaris 2008

6 Manual Transmission (2WD)
1.4L diesel (90hp)

VIN: 

VNKKC*********619

Reg no: 

nx10 ***

Registration date:

2010-03-31

11 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Not so on a Yaris D4d

1 hour ago, radders112 said:

Thanks for your help, the car will be due a service in the next few months so will enquire then. When I entered my car details on the toyota recall checker, here is what the information told me;

Toyota Yaris 2008

6 Manual Transmission (2WD)
1.4L diesel (90hp)

VIN:

VNKKC*********619

Reg no:

nx10 ***

Registration date:

2010-03-31

Given that Yaris built after July 2010 have a DPF, and that yours was registered on 31st March 2010, one can assume yours hasn't got a DPF.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Given that Yaris built after July 2010 have a DPF, and that yours was registered on 31st March 2010, one can assume yours hasn't got a DPF.

Yes that is what I would assume too ... thanks to all for your help!

• 2 years later...

I have been told by Toyota UK Official Blog that all Yaris D4-D after November 2008 were fitted with a DPF.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:14 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Not so on a Yaris D4d

3 minutes ago, LDG said:

I have been told by Toyota UK Official Blog that all Yaris D4-D after November 2008 were fitted with a DPF.

Devon Aygo works for a Toyota dealer so will be able to access the correct information. Aside from that, the topic is over two years old.