Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

left my dash cam on for the service

Wiz201

Hi

love to see the bill for this service. No seat covers, that l could hear being put on or taken off. Or steering wheel wrap.

19 minutes ago, Kenny500 said:

Hi

love to see the bill for this service. No seat covers, that l could hear being put on or taken off. Or steering wheel wrap.

I pay £12 a month for three years servicing. For extra this time they did the pollen filter for £20.22, and brake fluid change (20k service) for £37.50. To top it off they were supposed to change the winter tyres to summer ones as requested in the original booking and that got missed off the work sheet. So I have to go back in Thursday to get them swapped.

i thought the whole point of having a service plan is that you pay a small monthly cost to cover ALL

the servicing costs in yrs 1 ,2 & 3 so surely this should also cover the pollen filter and brake fluid change.

39 minutes ago, eygo said:

i thought the whole point of having a service plan is that you pay a small monthly cost to cover ALL

the servicing costs in yrs 1 ,2 & 3 so surely this should also cover the pollen filter and brake fluid change.

I pointed out to them I pay a monthly fee for service plan but they said its still extras which I think is stupid

1 hour ago, eygo said:

No, afraid not - see below.

1 hour ago, Wiz201 said:

I pointed out to them I pay a monthly fee for service plan but they said its still extras which I think is stupid

This is why one needs to be careful when taking out a service plan to ensure it covers what you want it to cover, and to be sure of what one is paying for. Quite often when dealers quote for service plans, the quotes are quite basic and only refer to, for example, 10,000 mile intermediate service, 20,000 mile full service, etc.

If you look at the Toyota Fixed Price Service information on the website -  https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json - items such as a brake fluid change, pollen filter, etc are service options, and are not included within the standard service. So in this case, presumably the dealer has only included the services and not any of the service options.

When I took out my service plan, I ensured the service costs were based on Toyota's Fixed Price Servicing (which isn't necessarily the case), and included the use of 0W-20 oil, a brake fluid change at two years (which the dealer included at no cost to me), and the provision of the service invoices being copied for me to build evidence of the service history.

That's what put me off the service plan; Unless you know in advance everything to ask for then you'll still get stung for extras or things to ask for, and you don't really save a great deal. It's only really useful to help spread the costs rather than paying it in one go.

at 24months the manufacturer says your brake fluid should be changed this is due to the nature of the fluid used

so therefore I feel this should be included in the monthly service charges.

personally I like to pay for my services as I have them, that's after I have tried to get the price down.

In my service and warranty book the brake fluid is required to be changed every 2 years with no mileage stipulation.

For those owners who have their cars serviced on a mileage rather than time basis, it doesn't make sense to have the brake fluid changed at every 20,000 mile service, aside from being an unnecessary expense. This is why Toyota has the service options in addition to the intermediate, full and full+ services. Same applies to the pollen filter.

Yes, perhaps the dealer should have asked whether the OP wished to have the brake fluid change included within the service plan before they took it out. However, the point I raised earlier about checking what one is paying for is equally as valid.

Some service plans also include additional benefits - mine provided 10% off parts, accessories and labour for any other work outside of servicing that I might need (handy when I had my driver's door mirror broken).

Don't you want to show them the video and negotiate?!?!

If they didn't do everything it was booked for you have a valid complaint to start off with, simply doing the job at a layer date is not enough to make amends, add to that issues around the way your car has been "cared" for?!

The bloke that picked up your car has a foul mouth for someone sat on his own :D .. Guys clearly not loving life!

I've only got a year left with the car so can't change the service plan now. MOT and service will be done next year then I'm all for swapping for something else come September.

42 minutes ago, Plob said:

Don't you want to show them the video and negotiate?!?!

If they didn't do everything it was booked for you have a valid complaint to start off with, simply doing the job at a layer date is not enough to make amends, add to that issues around the way your car has been "cared" for?!

I considered showing them the video as I wasn't happy with the wash and vac guy using his phone whilst driving mine round to the front door of the show room, and the fact that the blond service guy drove her around the corner so quick you could hear the tyres squeal on the dash cam. They also kept racking the handbrake up so high and rough too. I never have the handbrake make that noise when I'm pulling it up just to hold her on the hills in traffic.

However I'm not the type to argue or negotiate and I might instead have the service and MOT done separately at Bradford RRG next year and see how they do. They can't store winter tyres there otherwise I would take them back with me tomorrow.

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

In my service and warranty book the brake fluid is required to be changed every 2 years with no mileage stipulation.

For those owners who have their cars serviced on a mileage rather than time basis, it doesn't make sense to have the brake fluid changed at every 20,000 mile service, aside from being an unnecessary expense. This is why Toyota has the service options in addition to the intermediate, full and full+ services. Same applies to the pollen filter.

Yes, perhaps the dealer should have asked whether the OP wished to have the brake fluid change included within the service plan before they took it out. However, the point I raised earlier about checking what one is paying for is equally as valid.

Some service plans also include additional benefits - mine provided 10% off parts, accessories and labour for any other work outside of servicing that I might need (handy when I had my driver's door mirror broken).

It was hard enough to get them to do a deal we managed to get from the RRG bradford dealer with the Aygo in the first place. By the time the service plan came round I was all for going home.

4 minutes ago, dmitch1987 said:

The bloke that picked up your car has a foul mouth for someone sat on his own :D .. Guys clearly not loving life!

I know! I could understand the car pulling out in front of the lorry though, that would make me swear. He didn't make comment about the camera to me upon his return

My faith restored to them, the tyres were swapped for free today because they took a long time

One of the advantages of a service plan is that your servicing costs are fixed for the period of the plan - service costs have gone up this week:  https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links