Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Fixed Price Service/Repair schemes - cost increases

FROSTYBALLS

Toyota's Fixed Price Service scheme has been subject to price increases from today (14th April 2016). The price for some of the service options have also been increased.

See https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

Think also the Fixed Price Repair scheme has also been subject to price increases - https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/repairs.json

I enquired of Toyota GB as to why the hefty price increase for the brake fluid change for hybrids, and their answer is copied below:

I have now had feedback from our Aftersales Team in relation to the price increase for brake fluid change and would like to provide you with the reasoning behind the larger increase on Hybrid models.

On petrols and diesels the time required for a brake fluid change is less than what is needed on hybrids. On hybrid models the use of the intelligence tester is now included in the time to bleed and replace. Originally, when the set price was first introduced, the only Hybrid model was Prius so the extra time needed for a brake fluid change was not taken into account and had minimal impact to the servicing Centre. Now there are more and more Hybrids on the road, we need to give a more realistic labour time taken, along with a price to reflect this.  The recent price increases, therefore, have now taken into account the actual time needed for the brake fluid change on Hybrid models, hence why the jump in price is greater for the Hybrid models than the petrol and diesel cars.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, New to this site and toyota, So Hello everyone.

I have recently part exchanged my mini cooper for a lovely 64 yaris, I do the actual exchange in a few days and have been quoted by my dealer for the next 3 main services. However the quoted price does not compare to toyotas website.

On toyota's site a full service is £290 and intermediate £160 for a yaris

Which for what the dealer says is 1 full service then 1 intermediate & the 1 full service - With my maths skills this reads as being £740

My dealers quoted price somehow amounts to £970- Difference of £230

Questions:-

1: Am i being ripped off or am i missing something on toyotas website?

2: Are the main dealers allowed to quote above toyotas set prices?

ThankYou for your answers in advance, Really need to understand this as i want to keep me toyota in good shape.

You need to ask your dealer for a breakdown of what is included, as they may have added stuff like the recommended brake fluid change every 2 years.

Are they selling the car to you with a fresh service?

Thanks for replying, the car was serviced about 2 months ago been in their hands for 3 months.

Kind of figured out what might be going on, going over the costs on toyota I'm assuming they are adding in 2 x aircon cleansing & brake fluid which come about £10 over what they quoted.

I will double check with them this is the case when we exchange.

After dealing with BMW i am extremely cautious, The tales i can tell after 7 years of sitting waiting to be told bad news because of shoddy parts & inexperienced mechanics is unbelievable, Trust me. I MOT'd the mini in feb at main dealers, while waiting, a frantic man started telling me how he heard all his sump bolts and the inevitable sump pan falling off whilst doing 70mph just after a service on his brand new countryman!!

Before you sign up to the service plan, you do need to determine what is included, rather than assume. My advice would be to go back to the dealer and ask for the service plan to detail what work is included - whether this is services or maintenance options. That way both you and the dealer know what the service plan covers, and no-one should have any surprises at service time.

Got my hybrid brake fluid changed last year :tongue:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links