Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol flap problems

Didge3

My mother has an iQ3 and recently asked me for help regarding her petrol flap, she was having problems opening and shutting it. I had a quick look today, upon pulling the release lever theres a clonk that comes from the flap but it doesn't spring open, if you push on the flap and then pull the lever again it'll pop open. I found the little white plastic locking pin was all gummed up with grease and dirt which was preventing it being pulled back all the way when you pull the lever, so I've cleaned it off and sprayed some plusgas on it. Now it opens every time (so far...). 

The real problem is it doesn't shut easily, the metal latch part on the back of the petrol flap doesn't line up with the locking pin, so when you push it shut the latch just hits the side of the pin rather than it hitting the sloped bit and pushing the pin in. In order to shut it you have to push it closed and then push it a fraction to the left and then it'll close. So it seems as if the whole petrol flap needs moving to the left a bit?? Anyone heard of this issue before?

Thanks 

Hi Dom, not heard of this before. I have not had a problem with the flap shutting properly. However, I had a problem recently in that the flap would not open, after three attempts it did. I put some copper grease on the offending part you describe and it's fine now. It was my own fault as I usually check the grease is still there once a month, but I forgot. I would go to the dealer and ask if they could fix for you or your mother. I have found my dealer very helpful in little (but important) matters like this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links