Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Filter Tool and Spark Plug Tool

SH4RKY

Couldnt find a specific post that was directly aimed at the Prius....

Could anyone confirm (or better link to) the correct tool to remove the oil filter with?   

I was looking at the Laser 5160 on Amazon, but cant see any reviews or item info that confirms it fits a Gen 3 Prius....  Plus one of the reviews for a different brand tool stated it doesnt fit the gen 3?   

Also, if this is the right tool and someone has one, could anyone comment on quality?   My oil filter appears to have been done up by a gorilla...   not impressed!

Also, while im here...   I had a range of sparkplug tools but none fitted the prius plugs!  dang.    Can anyone confirm that this is the correct tool:  

Draper 22272 8mm Thread (14mm Socket) 3/8" Square Drive Thin Wall 

Thanks
Ian

I have a BGS 998 oil filter tool, off eBay, that fits the gen 3 and the plugs are 14mm AF so your socket should do it.

I got the Sealey VS7112 filter removal tool which definitely doesn't fit and I had to return it. The profile on this is evidently wider than the BGS and Laser from looking at the pictures which is why the Sealey didn't fit as there's limited clearance around the housing. I ended up getting one of the cheapo black cup filters which have a narrow profile and no sticky outy bits

Cool, thanks for the info.  

Bought a BGS 998 from eBay for a tenner.  Says its cast, so hopefully its up to the job.  also says it fits Corolla and Prius 1.8 engines, so shouldnt have an issue returning if it doesnt!  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links