Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 Prius Excel - How to use the Speed Limiter

Bowruss

Hello - I'm new here and I'm hoping to take delivery of my new Prius Excel in about three weeks.  My apologies if this has been covered before (it might even been asked by me but I can't find it...!) but how do you use the Speed Limiter?

I've downloaded the User Manual to do some advance of delivery swotting but I can see no info on this.  Plenty on the Cruise Control but nothing on the Speed Limiter.

My other car is an E Class Merc and I can select a speed - say 30 mph - on the speed limiter and the car will run up to this speed but will not xeceed it.  Very useful round town when looking for signs or just watching the road.  Obviously different from cruise control which maintains the selected speed until cancelled by stalk or braking.

So - where is this on the new 4th gen Prius and how is it set?  I'm assuming it has one - I'm sure I've seen it in the new brochure.  Can anyone help please?

(BTW - the car seems amazing and complicated so I may be on here again with some more blindingly obvious questions...)

Thanks, Russ.

OOps - also going have to finf your spell checker...

Edited by Bowruss
Typos

Hello posing and thanks for your reply.  The download I have is OM47B12U and 372 is about seat heaters.  Looks like I have the wrong one.  Does yours have a ref number?

Thanks again, Russ

Press the speed limiter button on the steering wheel, drive up to the speed you want and press set on the cruise control lever. You can then use the cruise lever to adjust the speed, cancel or resume the limit as required. Note: if you floor the accelerator it will override the set limit.

• Like 1

Thanks kithmo.  Seems so simple.  I'm looking forward to trying it when I get my new car!

Cheers,  Russ

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links