Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map and software Update for Prius 2016 - Version 6.7.0WH

thecaretaker

Just a heads up. Just updated the map software to 6.7.0 WH. It has changed the user interface (UI) which takes getting used to. It does look nice and has a few new features to play with.

Map date says it is 17/3/2016 but it still doesn't have the new 'link road' built in my area last year. Maybe the next update will have it.... At least map updates are free for 3 years.

Takes ages to download from MyToyota.

I think that you will find that the map data is actually 2015 Q2. There is a map update due out at the start of May 2016 for the older T&G/T&G Plus & it is based on 2015 Q2 data.

A question for thecaretaker. I have a Prius Excel but I am only being offered in MyToyota the free map update 4.3.0H for the Touch 2 with Go Plus. Did the 6.7.0WH free update automatically appear in your MyToyota? 

I have found the answer to my question.

• 1 month later...

How can I download the map update and what is the cost?

I have a 2009 Prius Hybrid T-Spirit.

Map updates cost around £200 and with the 2009 Prius, it's a dealer job, so there will be labour on top, you could end paying £250 or so. If you're going to spend that kind of money, you'd be better off buying one of the new Garmin Drive Assist smart nav systems, which have all the latest features.

See: http://www.globalgps.co.uk/item-94149-garmin-driveassist-50lmt-d-eu?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7LS6BRDo2Iz23au25OQBEiQAQa6hwJ0gvTjeCYP_IrJqeOjXdxpym0BoCu4lwsQ5sEhQIMEaAm2g8P8HAQ

or: 

13 hours ago, kithmo said:

Map updates cost around £200 and with the 2009 Prius, it's a dealer job

Not quite, Keith, it was that way for the early model Gen IIIs with the (stupid) HDD rather than the DVD drive.

For the Gen II, you purchase a new DVD set from the Toyota EU web portal and once received you just swap the DVD. You are correct about the cost about €120.

I just had a look at the website and it has all changed, so I'm not sure how you will get on. It may be possible they no longer support the Gen II nav - which I'm not surprised at at as the cost is prohibitive. The only other suggestion is to try the "bay of fleas" auction site, people are regularly off loading their older version, which may be newer than what you have currently.

I assumed he had an early Gen 3, with it being a 2009.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20 April 2016 at 0:29 PM, GerryJ said:

A question for thecaretaker. I have a Prius Excel but I am only being offered in MyToyota the free map update 4.3.0H for the Touch 2 with Go Plus. Did the 6.7.0WH free update automatically appear in your MyToyota? 

I have found the answer to my question.

What was the answer?

I only see 4.3.0H as a free update. 6.7 is showing for the non Plus as a £99 upgrade, but doesn't appear free for Go Plus.

It shows as £99 until you click on it, then it changes to free.