Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red IQ? Any pictures?

jamski

So, I'm struggling. Really like the IQ in white, but I haven't found one I'm happy with condition wise. This one keeps popping up on searches and there's no doubt it's a great spec. But I just can't love it in red, also not sure on the chrome additions.

Now I know this is all personal preference, but does someone have a red one, or know where there are some good pictures of a red one? Maybe it's just these images that aren't selling it. FYI I LOVE the interior, it's just the outside I'm struggling with. It's not exactly local so I want to be sure it's a possibility before I make the trip to view it.

Also happy to mod a little too, so would like to see what others have done with their red IQs.

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603262353128?sort=locasc&make=toyota&postcode=gu85al&radius=35&page=1&price-to=4000&model=iq&maximum-mileage=up_to_50000_miles&search-target=usedcars&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&searchcontext=default&logcode=p

Thanks all,

James.

Have you thought about getting one  Wrapped? Choose whatever color you want, can be removed and will protect the original paintwork.Depends if you think the cost is worth it?

Thanks both. Think pretty much all my budget is going to be going on the car. Small mods will follow but wrapping will probably never happen to be honest.

There's only one thing for it, go and see it I think.

I like it, Love the interior! The Chrome strip on the door and boot lid can be removed but I like them and they are not cheap options so be careful if you do remove them, someone on here will be keen to buy them and re-apply sticky tape to use them again. The door sill plates are a nice addition that I have just added to my car.

How about removing the side chrome and getting some stripes on the side to break up the red like I did with my car. Maybe white stripes would work on the red and they only cost £16 a pair and can be removed later if you change your mind.

Craig. 

Side.jpg

I've often been tempted to buy a car like that one, swap over the interior into my car and then sell it on again. If you got it for a good price you could probably get a free interior upgrade assuming it sells again for what you paid for it.

Craig.

Thanks very much. I was looking at those yesterday, just not sure how it would work with the chrome on the doors?

And agree, I LOVE in the interior, with oem bluetooth too, it's very unusual. Some chrome mirror caps could look good too :)

If you went for the stripes I'd loose the chrome strips. 

They are only self adhesive plastic so should pull off quite easily, maybe with some heat from a hair dryer to help. Once they are off a quick polish and it should be good to go.

Craig.

Saw various pics of this a while ago, I think ot looks awesome...

image.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
On 4/21/2016 at 5:40 PM, jamski said:

So, I'm struggling. Really like the IQ in white, but I haven't found one I'm happy with condition wise. This one keeps popping up on searches and there's no doubt it's a great spec. But I just can't love it in red, also not sure on the chrome additions.

Now I know this is all personal preference, but does someone have a red one, or know where there are some good pictures of a red one? Maybe it's just these images that aren't selling it. FYI I LOVE the interior, it's just the outside I'm struggling with. It's not exactly local so I want to be sure it's a possibility before I make the trip to view it.

Also happy to mod a little too, so would like to see what others have done with their red IQs.

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603262353128?sort=locasc&make=toyota&postcode=gu85al&radius=35&page=1&price-to=4000&model=iq&maximum-mileage=up_to_50000_miles&search-target=usedcars&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&searchcontext=default&logcode=p

Thanks all,

James.

The answer, James, is simples, choose one of the Amethyst/Purple cars! I know, personal preference, and I say that as our iQ is Amethyst.

Here's mine / 2010 April... IMG_20150608_112616_zpsf2shs49d.jpg