Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touchscreen

Shady-t

I got my 6 month old X-cite (ex demonstration) yesterday. Absolutely love it but, being a gadget geek as I am, have a few questions about the touch screen. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this...

Firstly, I have an iPhone 6 Plus. Is there any hope of getting SMS to work? At the moment I click on the picture of the envelope on the touchscreen phone section and it brings up a box asking me if I want to set it up now. Then it says 'waiting for device' and nothing happens until eventually it just seems to timeout and go back to the same screen.

Secondly, am I right in thinking that the mirror link is pretty much a waste of time (at the moment at least)? There seems very few apps that work with it and the ones I can see seem pretty pants. Any hidden gems?

I was really excited about this aspect of my new car but have to say it's been a but of a disappointment - doesn't put me off the car but makes me feel like I'm not getting The full package advertised on all of the videos I watched so closely when I was choosing a car. 

Finally, and probably most importantly, is it normal that it makes a really high pitched noise when I turn off the car and turn the key one click to get the touch screen system on? I was trying to set up SMS and ended up giving up because I couldn't stand the ringing in my ears any longer! 

Any other tips or advice welcome too! 

Thanks!

Hi Sian & welcome to the forum :smile:,

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/bluetooth-compatibility.json

If I made the right guesses you should be able to get SMS notification & be able to read but you can't send. You can ask for help on the Toyota blog or at the dealer that you bought it from.

Mirrorlink is a dead end & is being left to wither on the vine.

Sorry, can't help about the noise as I don't have an Aygo but someone who does should be along soon ...

Thanks you for the help. Will have another look at my manual and try again today. 

Probably not much help as you have an iPhone , but my android can send and receive sms text messages. Automatically Synchs all my contacts, call history, hands free work perfectly, answer& make  calls  etc via blutooth... so it can be done.

No amount of fiddling could configure email. Toyota confirmed it doesn't work with my phone (HTC M8) but offered no explanation as to why.

One tip - if you want the music to display album  cover art from the usb  memory you need to imbed the image in the meta data using a program like mp3 tag

........ and No, the DAB radio text doesn't scroll ......... don't waste time trying to make it do it!

No idea about the noise ........ is the radio tuned to "nothing" and you are just getting a feedback sound? Test - can you turn the sound down with the volume control ?

22 hours ago, Dark Matter said:

One tip - if you want the music to display album  cover art from the usb  memory you need to imbed the image in the meta data using a program like mp3 tag

I've always used Mp3tag to tidy up the meta data but didnt know I could display the cover art. I have just checked that the cover art has been saved along with the meta data but its not showing on the screen in the Aygo.

What am I missing..

Enable  cover art in settings

IMAG2341.jpg

Looks really good, just checked mine & the Cover Art is selected.

Is this stored on your phone or on a flash drive in the usb slot as i'm using a flash for my music.

Thanks, I need to work out where I'm going wrong.

The image you are using is too big.

Just checking the image on the flash now using Mp3tag & the image info is: image/jpeg 500x500 34KB Front Cover

What is the required size for the image?

Not sure of file size Max

I usually attach images 300x300 which display just fine.

In MP3 tag make sure there is only ONE image in the metadata... you can have several ... and don't forget to apply the image to ALL files in the album folder..... and save changes.

If no luck I'll send you some screenies from MP3TAG to show how it should look.

Thanks for the info, I will have a go now & post the results shortly.

Thats working fine now, many thanks for the information.

I resized the image from 500x500 to 300x300 & the file size is now showing as 57KB

Now to do the remaining 50 or so albums :rolleyes:

Yay .... glad it worked.

As  you can probably tell I've fiddled with this a lot.... almost gave up at one point. Then an album I bought as a download had cover art displayed so I knew it could be done.

The user guide is useless. Most people won't be aware your can even display  album art...

The mirror link never worked on mine either which was a shame as they showed it on the brochure and adverts etc. 

The SMS never worked either. I tried but gave up, the dealer was useless as well. 

The touch screen was a big disappointment in that it's a great idea but didn't control much. Just music, phone and showed mpg. 

The whine was always there when I switched the engine off but soon goes. 

I wouldn't exactly  call it a disappointment. music interface (USB and DAB) clock, Nav, phone,  journey & trip stats, Colour Camera display.... reasonably designed GUI, responsive software , ..not sure what else  would want it to do.

The one in my partner's Audi allows to you too adjust all sorts of vehicle items...like volume  of radio  when you select reveerse, interior light delay etc etc . Played with it in first week never touched it again.

Whereas I use most of the Aygo functions every day. Sometimes less is more

Hi - thanks everyone! 

I quite like mine.  I've found the high pitched sound - it's coming from the USB port and only happens when I plug my cable in and not always then - it seems to go off sometimes and it's fine.  Then, other times, it comes back with vengeance and rings my ears off.  Thanks for the tips.  I guess the only disappointment with mine was that I didn't go for one with Sat Nav because I believed, by watching this advert (

) that I would use my phone maps instead.  Think that's a bit misleading but never mind. Apart from that, I quite like it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links