Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY09 Verso, Airbag/SRS warning light - Which code reader?

Stonedofmoo

Hi everyone

We're the proud new owners of a 59 plate Verso T-Spirit, 1.8 petrol. I did my research for over a month before deciding Petrol is the way to go and the Verso was just what we were looking for. We're hoping to keep this car for a long time so fingers crossed we choose correctly.

Anyhow as is often the case, a few weeks after buying the Airbag/SRS light has lit up. Obviously it could be many things and I need a proper code reader to find out. I already have a generic OBD2 reader, but those are rubbish for getting the finer details. With other brands such as my VW or Ford etc there are diagnostic tools available that go above the OBD2 spec sheet and give you the true manufacturer fault codes. I need something like this for the Verso.

Can anyone advise where I should go for one of these?

Also far less important but that keyless remote doors doesn't work as it should. You're meant to be able to touch two lines on the handle to lock the car, but that doesn't work on the drivers side (but does on the passenger side) so presumably something is broken, any tips on resolving that?

Many thanks guys :)

• 3 weeks later...

No one? :wacko:

This is the toyota's owners club I've joined right? lol :unsure:

BTW the SRS light was a loose or possibly dodgy connection in the seatbelt connector plug under the drivers seat. I had the same problem on a Xsara once and is caused by the seat being moved back and forth stretching or moving the wires.

I really need a quality code reader though, one that can read all the toyota codes.

I bought my Launch Cread@r VIII from Diagnostic World - http://www.diagnostic-world.com/

The reason why I went for such an expensive device is that it covers most cars, lots of features and has free updates. You can buy a Toyota specific like iCarsoft i905 at half price, or Autel Maxidiag MD701 which costs more.

There is Toyota Techstream which is great if you get the software from the right source.

There are lots on eBay, but I would not trust any without independent tests. 

Thanks fella, that's really useful advice. I'll take a look at these units, and they are capable of interrogating all the controllers in the car?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links