Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Concerned about oil consumption.

uxaar

Hi guys,

We have a rav 4.3 D4D  2010 with 56 000 miles on it.

I bought it last year in december when it had 53 000 miles.

A few weeks after i bought it,  toyota issued a recall about a window problem and i booked at my local garage to be checked.While at the garage they did a routine check and discovered that it had too much oil in it , about a centimetre above the maximum level.They were a bit concerned about that and they offered to drain it .

They've drained the surplus oil and left it just bellow the maximum level which corresponds to the red marker on the attached picture.They recommended that i keep an eye on the oil .Since then which was mid january up until now i did around 3000 miles and the oil dropped to the level which can be seen the attached picture.

I would like to know if possible if this is a normal oil consumption and how many litres would that amount to ?

I read somehere that 1L/1200miles is normal but don't know if this applies here.

Thank you

control.jpg

The consumption figure you have is correct however the difference between min & max on your dipstick is 1ltr. The drop on your dipstick is well within specification.

On 25/4/2016 at 7:17 PM, Devon Aygo said:

The consumption figure you have is correct however the difference between min & max on your dipstick is 1ltr. The drop on your dipstick is well within specification.

Thanks Devon Aygo...false alarm then.

In an ideal world I would've liked it not to consume oil at all.