Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What iPhone mount for IQ?

jamski

So there may be a few 'what' threads from me, will search for answers first, promise. 

So what phone holder are people using and where is it positioned in the car? I have an iPhone 6 Plus in a case so will need a 'universal' holder. In the Mazda I use one that goes in the cd slot, which is pretty good, but not sure this will be as good in the IQ due to the position of it. 

Probably going to use the phone as sat nav I think as the car will mainly be used for commuting so doesn't really need a stand alone unit. 

I've used Brodit phone holders in the past and always found them excellent. They are two-piece. One part is specific to the phone and one part specific to the car. On the iQ you can have it either on the central air vent or somewhere to the right of the steering wheel. I went for the central one as it's nearer the power socket.

They do universal holders that can hold any phone as well. These just need to be paired with the appropriate car-specific adapter. www.brodit.co.uk

Thanks very much. I had a brodit for my MINI which was excellent, then one for my original Mazda which went over a vent. I'd probably prefer to keep the vents clear, but we'll see. Is the silver 'V' section that goes from the top of the dash over the cd player and down the the aircon controls smooth? Would a suction cup attach ok to it?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Got one from Halfords and ordered one on Amazon. Think the Amazon one will be better so will return the other if that's the case. 

Hoping to run a USB extension From the socket over to the right hand side to get the power cable up there. 

So here's what I've done. Rubbish pics as it was pretty dark but the time I finished! 

Charger and aux lead go into the centre console on the drivers side then run along the top of the drivers footwell. They then run up the rubber inside the door and out on top of the dash. Holder is £15 from Amazon, and the aux lead was £2.50 from Argos! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I use a Universal one that slots into the CD holder. This one:
Universal Phone holder

Displays the phone in landscape so that I can use Google Maps for Sat Nav. I have the TNS510 unit so there is a convenient USB port for charging purposes (it's a bit underpowered for a Samsung Note 4 but seems to extend the Battery life a little).

As it's central and high up, I get good GPS reception and also works fine for mobile internet access for BBC iPlayer Radio (for 5 Live and Sport Extra purposes)

• 5 weeks later...

I can tell you guys that the iPhone 6 on the Kenu Airframe+ is not ideal for the IQ anyway, it has a tendency to face downwards as it grips directly onto the vent flaps.