Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick shift kit for a t sport corolla

Ciaran1

Looking for a a kit for my 2002 corolla t sport . Can anyone link me to one ? eBay only seems to do Mr2 and celica ones. Are they the same ?

I just ordered one of these for my 54 plate t sport they do them for the 2002 matey....1243d6e558b519ee3a833f907384a2de.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

It's a short shifter fits on ya linkage....from eBay...

5 hours ago, bod1065 said:

It's a short shifter fits on ya linkage....from eBay...

Seen those . Wonder what they are like ? Seem to be a good job. Worth Changing lift bolts ? I'm collecting my car on sat

Not sure about the short shifter but would advise you to change the lift bolts. I have a 02 T-sport and when I changed them I found they had already been changed to the revised bolts but showed signs of wear still.

Would there be any difference in the aggressiveness in lift ? How would I Know if I'm buying revised bolts ?

Toyota only sell the revised bolts known as lift phlanges, costs about £1:50 for 2.

Depending on which bolts you have fitted and the amount of wear you may notice after fitting new ones slightly more aggressive lift.

1 minute ago, SanaYusuf said:

Toyota only sell the revised bolts known as lift phlanges, costs about £1:50 for 2.

Depending on which bolts you have fitted and the amount of wear you may notice after fitting new ones slightly more aggressive lift.

Perfect . Thanks for the heads up !

Thanks . Postage for those are 10 for me ha ha . Il chance main dealer 

Just ordered some new lift bolts for when I get round to changing them, as got to get a rocker gasket also to-do this, and worried about the dreaded snapping the bolt in the head scenario.....😱😱

I think you can re use the rocker cover gasket as it's made of rubber although it's wise to replace whilst you have everything apart.

As for the bolts it's the one on the inlet cam that's prone to snapping but if you take your time you'll be fine.

9 minutes ago, SanaYusuf said:

I think you can re use the rocker cover gasket as it's made of rubber although it's wise to replace whilst you have everything apart.

As for the bolts it's the one on the inlet cam that's prone to snapping but if you take your time you'll be fine.

Any thing I should look out for when I'm going to look at this car ? 02 t sport . 140K 

I'd wanna see regular oil changes ideally FSH. Check condition/colour of current oil to get an indication of how well it's been looked after.

Check that the secondary air pump kicks in when you start the car from cold, sounds like a vacuum cleaner and pumps air into exhaust manifold to help exhaust emissions, only runs for a few minutes then shuts off. If there is a problem with it then it will bring up a EML light.

Check front seats, they have issues with the slide and tilt mechanisms so check they work as they should.

Everything else is the normal car stuff that you would normally check.

Put short shifter on, it's !Removed! short alright.....very tight though....so gonna see how we go with it as it was only a 10 minute job to change....

36 minutes ago, bod1065 said:

Put short shifter on, it's !Removed! short alright.....very tight though....so gonna see how we go with it as it was only a 10 minute job to change....

If u don't like it il buy it from you !you could maybe source me lift bolts over there as they seem hard to get here maybe ??

7 hours ago, bod1065 said:

Interested to see how you get on, car drivable on a daily basis?

On 28/04/2016 at 7:10 AM, bod1065 said:

Still using it ? What's the final verdict 

It's hard work.....going up box is easy enough but going down is a pain....gonna keep it on a while see how we go.....