Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Query

ellenlouisepascoe

Hi there! I hope this is the right place so please let me know if it's not! 

I am searching for a cheap little run around car and have been looking at a 1998 Toyota Rav4 3dr. The car will be to ferry myself and my 5 ( yes 5!) dogs out and around. I have a couple of questions however as I seem to find conflicting information all over the place. 

Since it is a three door, do the back seats remove completely? My idea was to remove the back seats so that I would have enough room in the back for all the dogs.

Will toyota still make the front guards to fit this model? Or where can they be bought?

Thank you! 

Hello Ellen - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

What do you mean by 'front guards'? If bull guards, which are deisgned to strnthen the front of the vehicles, UK legislation prohibits the sale and fitment of new bull guards to vehicles, otherwise it would be an MOT failure. Vehicles built before 2007 without bull guards, may have second hand guards fitted.

Hello Ellen, you have joined a great and friendly club,                                                                                                                                                                                                     My first impression is that as you mention dog transportation is you mean some sort of barrier between you and the canine cargo.                                                                              I think Toyota do sell such an item but would probably be expensive  I assume they are not something like Great Danes which would necessitate quite a solid screen to protect you and the dogs in case of an emergency stop. You could probably find in an auto accessory shop  something like I used with two extending upright poles that enable you to adjust to push fit between the roof and floor.Removing the seats instead of just folding into the footwell would give a step down in the floor which the dogs could fall into as you hit the brake pedal

Hope this is of help. 

Del   

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links