Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust manifold needed, not VOR yet but fairly urgent!

Johnny Too Bad

Hello all,

Would anyone by any chance have an exhaust manifold for the 4A-F engine as found under the bonnet of my daily car, a 1990 Corolla Exec Automatic? The original has made it to almost 26 years of age and 81,000 miles so it's not done too badly, but sadly, the crack that appears to run between the middle two ports and across the flat section at the top of the manifold isn't healing on its own and this is my only working car, having taken on the daily duty from a hideously unreliable modern device (naming no names as I'm sure that not all premium German brands are that bad..:angry:).

The manifold's outlets are arranged at 90 degrees to the front-facing ("left") side of the block, so not along the block like the 4A-G ones, I rely heavily on my car as walking isn't something I can do by way of an option, the Corolla continues to work exactly as its makers intended and (within reason) I'll spend far more than is sensible to keep it that way but now, that crack is becoming louder and I risk being stopped by the local cops unless I get this sorted sooner rather than later. They're a good bunch of people and have been known to stop me purely because they can't believe their eyes when they meet a rust-free, 26 year old Toyota which still has its factory paint, etc. but there's a limit to how much of a liberty I can take by driving around in something that makes so much noise.:blush:

I can get a stainless manifold made by the local LongLife franchise, where the rest of the system was built, but this would be pretty dear as the flanges would need to be laser cut, plus I happen to like the quiet and unflustered nature of the standard arrangement so would fit a stock part if I could just find one.

Pretty please with a cherry on top? :laugh:

I'm based in mid Northumberland but would risk having a manifold posted if it were double boxed and well packed for protection, could pay by paypal or, within around 50 miles of the Morpeth area, could collect and hand over cold, hard cash.

Edited by Johnny Too Bad
clarification..