Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My MK1 Aygo 2012 Modified, List of Mods in Thread

Scorch3d

Getting a few photo shoots soon so more professional ones will be added to this thread + any new mods I get, ill try my best to keep it up to date :P

Mods listed below,

Exterior - 

ü Team Dynamic Jet 15” Alloy Wheels.

ü Custom made Team Dynamics Center Cap Badges

ü KW Coilovers.

ü Wiper Delete (Rear wiper removed).

ü HEKO Tinted Wind Deflectors.

ü Custom Twin Exhaust Tips.

ü Custom Pressed Plates.

ü Bosch White Xenon Headlights.

ü White LED Side Lights.

ü Factory Tinted Windows (Rear Windscreen and Back Two).

ü Gloss Black Wing Mirror Caps.

ü Small discrete Aerial.

ü Silver Painted Brake Calipers

Performance - 

ü K&N Air Filter Element.

ü TMC Motorsport Autoflash (+8-10ps) :P

Interior - 

ü Single Din Sony Head Unit.

ü Edge Speakers and Tweeters on Rear Parcel Shelf.

ü Genuine Leather TRD Gear Knob.

ü Custom Genuine Leather Gear Gaitor with Red Stitching .

ü Maybe a underseat sub (Upcoming).

ü Tailor Made Armster Arm Rest.

I'm happy to answer any questions :biggrin:

IMG_20160427_195750.jpg

IMG_20160427_215114.jpg

IMG_20160425_120336.jpg

FB_IMG_1460666290863.jpg

Looking really good Scorch! Its a shame that there only appears to be a couple of us with modified cars on the forum. From the pics it looks like you may be in Ireland?

What swayed you in the end to go for the KWs over something like the Vogtlands?

Can you post a pic of the rear so I can check out the dewiper mod. I bought a blanking disc months ago but still havent fitted it due to not being able to make up my mind whether I will like the look of it or not. I never use the wash/wipe so its not a concern removing it (the car gets washed when the rear is dirty enough to warrant using the wiper!)

When you say Bosch headlights did you just change the bulbs or have you fitted an HID kit?

Did you notice any difference with the remap?

I would like to fit an Armster to mine but when I looked months ago I couldnt find one anywhere. Any ideas?

Yours will look nicely finished off with the carbon trim pieces added, have you considered spraying the Toyota grill emblem black? I think that would look good too. I am not a fan of chrome!

Anyway sorry for the Q's, your car looks great and sits well!

Hi there Planemo!

Thanks for the kind comments! 

Never be sorry about Q's ill answer and give some advice on anything and everything ive experienced.

Yep i'm in Northern Ireland. I have attached a photo of the rear not a good photo but hey they cant all be good can they ;) The reason I went for KW is because my Uncle owns a Motorsport company and was told KW where the best you can get for my car and to be quite honest i usually only settle for the best i dont like going all cheapo. I have however last night raised the front as my arches where being destroyed lol! One thing I must say though ive have 12 threads showing on the right side of the car and only 6 on the left. This is because the engine is on the right inside the aygo meaning there is always going to be more weight on that side, tip for ya. :wink:

The Bosch headlights are just bulbs extremely expensive bulbs, cost me £50 a pop :rolleyes:

I'm thinking off doing the rear Badge black what do you think? Not sure about the front... My blanking grommet is glass also so it fits a flush as possible and has a gloss like look so it blends in more with the tinted window.

The small increase in BHP defintely makes a difference both when driving alone because its much lighter but i even notice it alot more when (very rarely) i would have a few in the car and it still has a small bit of power where as standard it would go at all. Would definitely recommend. My uncle owns "www.tmcmotorsport.com"  This is why I have this done :wink:

The best bit you will read down to very quickly... Micks Garage is the man for the Armster armrests, they are an official seller. Link below: + eBay Link as they also have an eBay shop, personally i love eBay so I bought from their eBay shop (Its cheaper too ;)

http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=5444055&modelid=5442

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361537624180

Cannot wait until I get my carbon done this week, will post some pics soon.

As for the inside when I get time Ill get some professional shots of the inside too with my gear gaitor, and armster fitted for you :P

IMG_20160401_201423.jpg

I don't own an Aygo, I have a 107, but I have always wished I went for the Aygo. Such a nicer car inside than the 107!

I'm interested in the suspension and how you find driving on the roads over in Ireland? I'm not sure what the roads in Antrim are like but I know the roads around Mayo are awful, it's like sailing a boat more than driving a car!

Also what sort of benefit does the engine mods give the car? Does it improve the fuel economy or acceleration or top end speed? I swear my 107's acceleration has gotten worse if there's more than one person in the car, so I'd like to know if your mods have improved the acceleration of the engine.

Beautiful car though! I would, personally, debadge the whole thing. Take the Toyota badges and Aygo off. I know I'm going to do this with my 1998 Corolla, but I'm going to replace the Toyota badges with TRD ones - not that it's going to be a race car, I just want to take the mick a little!

• Like 1

Hi Scorch,

I'm not convinced that the Vogtlands are 'all cheapo' or poor quality for that matter but I take your point, the KW's are a fair bit more expensive. I will double check my front ride height on both sides - I think it's about right but will have a look. I had to raise mine as well but it sits just right now and very rarely catches, and even then its only the offside on a lot of lock at speed over nasty bumps.

The bulbs look good - I have tried quite a few different ones over the years, the best I had being PIAA Super Plasmas from many years back but they were around £50 each as well I think. They were very very close to HID appearance though. I might have a look around for your Bosch ones to try them out. I am not going to go aftermarket HID, I have bought several kits in the past but all had awful beam patterns and as you probably know retro kits are an instant MOT fail now.

Re your badges - well as I said I don't like chrome in any format so if it were me they would be gone or at least painted black but hey it's your car! The blanking plug I bought is dark glass too to match the bootlid but I'm still not convinced that it will be discreet enough. If it were central it would be better but being offset...well...hmm.. I just dont know.

I would be up for giving the remap a go, shame that TMC are so far from me! Is it an add-on module or does he re-flash the stock ECU?

I eagerly clicked the eBay link you gave - it says no stock! When I saw the seller name I remembered that I had actually called him some time back to see when he would have them and he couldn't say. Shame.

For info I have bought a used maniverter which I am going to de-cat and try it out. I am not expecting any bhp gain but I am hoping it will give a nicer exhaust note. Not that the Fox exhaust sounds bad but hey...never stop tinkering eh? :)

Hi again,

I'm not saying Vogtlands are cheap just wouldn't be my cup of tea, but each to their own.

Well good news for you is all that remap thing is, is a little plug you plug into the socket underneath your steering wheel column there while the engine is off wait until it beeps constantly then remove it again. Its undetectable but if your ecu is ever wiped you just simply plug it back in and away you go! You also have to let it sit and tick over for 5/10 minutes or so.

If you send him an email "info@tmcmotorsport.com" say that Fraszer sent you. Double check that it will work on your year of the Aygo I dont see why not but just to make sure and then he will sort you out :)

Hi mickburkesnr,

Yes I totally agree with you on the Aygo over either the C1 or the 107 much nicer in most ways :P 

Our roads here in Belfast are pretty poor if im completely honest potholes everywhere but I always say the lower your car is the more safe you are as it makes you drive slower and safer due to not wanting to wreck your car lol! Obv there is exceptions to this and sometimes you can be too low thats it dangerous but if its safely low then the above counts. :rolleyes:

As I said in the above reply it does help but obv its not going to be as noticable as it would in a bigger engine car at the end of the day its a 1.0L after all what more power can it have if we are honest. I usually get 400 to a full tank driving average which is grand if im messing about maybe 300/350. But its never ever the same. 

Not a fan of de badging cars tbh the back to badges would have to have something over them or be filled in which is a bit of hastle as there are big nasty holes behind them. :sad: 

May make the back Badge black to blend in with the window a bit and try and get the back bumper smoothed but we shall wait and see what the future brings (Within the next month lol!)

Scorch,

I have sent TMC an email, mentioning your name. Maybe we can come up with something :)

Having driven various vehicles with Bilstein, Tein, Spax, Koni, HKS, Tokico, KYB, TRD, Ohlins etc (I was in the car tuning game for many years) and now Vogtland, I have found the build quality and ride with them to be as good as the higher end stuff. I will discount Spax as my experiences have been awful. It is only for this reason that I would be interested to hear what your impressions are with the Vogtlands as I am personally unsure where improvements can be made (other than using magnesium bodies for lightness...).

I will update my mod thread when I have done the de-cat - for the price of a used maniverter its worth giving a go, and although it will need to be removed come MOT time it's not a big job on the Aygo. I may need an o2 elimator too but we'll see.

Mick- you say the Aygo is better inside?! I thought they were identical to the C1 and 107! Of course we all know that the Aygo has a 100% nicer exterior though :)

Ah I see about the badges. On my 107 they're on the glass, so I wouldn't imagine theres any holes behind them to fill.

About the Aygo being better inside. The 107, at least the one I have, is utilitarian. The seats are cloth, there's only two Speakers under the window, it's basic. Which is so annoying especially as it's a Limited Edition Mileisim when Peugeot were celebrating 200 years of making good looking tat that would break in 5 years.

Some clown went in to the side of me a few years back and while it was getting fixed I had a courtesy car which was an Aygo Black. It was night and day in the difference! The seats were much, much nicer and had better support. It had two door Speakers which I've always wanted to add to my 107. I'm not sure about the other Aygo's, but if you get the chance to sit in a stock 107 you'll know what I mean! Even the C1's had a nicer interior than the 107.

Not good at all Mick :( 

Planemo one issue I'm having and even did have before with my top mount as a bit of the rubber came of so its metal on metal and makes a horrible noise sometimes when driving so I'm guessing I just need to replace it on the one side. Hopefully that will solve my problem!

As promised some professional night time shots of my car :) Still havent got my Carbon but is sitting pretty well. :cool:

FB_IMG_1462698327601.jpg

FB_IMG_1462698333390.jpg

FB_IMG_1462721291849.jpg

FB_IMG_1462721415653.jpg

FB_IMG_1462721422021.jpg

FB_IMG_1462721452797.jpg

FB_IMG_1462721455468.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Was away for the weekend for my birthday, which included alot of driving meaning the car got absolutely disgusting so when i arrived home yesterday i decided to give it the full works. Photos below : :biggrin:  

IMG_20160524_164842.jpg

IMG_20160524_164932.jpg

IMG_20160524_164730.jpg

IMG_20160524_164751.jpg

IMG_20160524_164804.jpg