Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.2dcat loud turbo after p0400 and p0405

alucard136

Hi. Need some help here. Its a avensis 2.2 dcat 2005 with 2700 000 km.

Drove the car, sudden loss of power and the car started to ***** like if something is blocked, like the car does not get enough air or fule, and the turbo starts to wissle loud when spooling up. The engien light comes on and i got the codes p0400 and p0405 with generic obd reader. P0400 and p0405 is egr valve. I remove and clean egr valve, intake manifold and throttle body. The codes were cleared and the car runs like a champ but the turbo still wissles very loud when spooling up which were not present before. Sounds like when the turbo gets to much air but the intake is on soild. Engien temp or driving conditions doesnt matter, still loud. Cant find any problems with intake. Hose from intercooler looks fine but i have to remove a whole lot of stuff to give it a full inspection.

Any ideas?

I don't know your car engine specifically, but the turbo wastegate/actuator might be gettting stuck.

On a previous Almera DCI of mine, the turbo actuator was a little vacuum device connected to a push rod, which operated the turbo wastegate. It was actually a Variable Vane Turbo, but I don't want to complicate things. Anyway, I located the push rod and found it to be sticking. A bit of WD40 and moving the rod through 100% of it's range, freed it up and the turbo was working normally again.

Worth having a look at. Thanks. I get back with the result

• 7 months later...

Hi Marcus,

My car has the same issue, how did you resolve this?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi my avensis turbo is really loud it's my first diesel and I'm not sure if it's normal. The car drives spot on never witnessed smoke or loos of power. Pulls really well but that whine worries me

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links