Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just got my t sport today. Few problems

Ciaran1

Traction seems to be stuck on . Light is on the dash won't turn off. Seems to be stuck off! Abs is on. Also what have people been getting to a full tank ??

Could grab an obd reader off eBay or wherever and see if there is an error code behind the light issue, if not you should be able to reset it.

Is the EML on to? Could be something to do with the decat. About 300-320 miles on v-power.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello mate, 

It would seem you're having trouble with the oil control valve (OCV), this is what is used to engage lift at 6200rpm. I would suggest that you first check your oil and top up as required as it is fairly common for t sports that frequently enter lift to drink alot of oil. If it turns out that your oil being low isn't the issue then the fault lies with your OCV. If the car you own doesn't hit lift frequently enough then the OCV filters have been known to clog up and restrict the flow of oil and then flag up the EML code P1349(this can be confirmed with diagnostic software). You can be rectify this by cleaning/replacing the filter, in worse cases you may be required to replace the OCV which is around £100 for the part.

Unbelievably when I picked up my car (second hand) this same problem happened to me almost immediately. The fix? My car needed 3 litres of oil! Who knows when the last time the previous owner topped it up... Thankfully that was all it needed and since then the car has been absolutely fault free and is almost at 150k miles now and still doing 1000 miles a week :)

Hopefully this helps! 

Dave

Thanks for the reply. It turned out to be a clogged ocv filter . Cleaned it . Drove it a couple hundred miles and it clogged again . Changed oil and filter and cleaned it again . Hasn't missed a beat since . Gonna clean it again just to make sure I don't have crap still in my oil

Ahh good stuff mate! I think I jinxed myself saying my car has been fault free. Butst my rwdiator kn the way home from work after writing that message to you so found myself fitting a new one yesterday haha

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links