Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Prius headlights change for Europe ?

Bowruss

Sorry if this has been covered before but do I need to change my headlights from the UK setup to LHD for EU?  

Thanks, Russ

So - any thoughts/advice/comments?

Russ

For moving out there, or just driving there as a short term visitor?

Hello

Just hols.  We like to visit France, Belgium and Holland at least twice a year.  The trips fuel our passion for Belgian beer as well as the good food, art and history.

So - the headlight adjustment is temporary.  I asked the dealer who said they need no changes - the led system is asymmetric and doesn't present the usual kick up dazzle problem.

Just wondering what people's experience is on this as the cops - French particularly - are a bit keen!

Further thoughts welcome.

Russ

6 hours ago, Bowruss said:

Hello

Just hols.  We like to visit France, Belgium and Holland at least twice a year.  The trips fuel our passion for Belgian beer as well as the good food, art and history.

So - the headlight adjustment is temporary.  I asked the dealer who said they need no changes - the led system is asymmetric and doesn't present the usual kick up dazzle problem.

Just wondering what people's experience is on this as the cops - French particularly - are a bit keen!

Further thoughts welcome.

Russ

Main dealer is wrong. All headlights should have a kick, and the LED ones will cause excruciating dazzle to oncoming drivers on the continent. The LED headlights on my PiP have a very clear kick! You'll need beam deflectors, which can be picked for for about £5 and stick onto the headlights.

2 hours ago, MEP's Yaris GS said:

Main dealer is wrong. All headlights should have a kick, and the LED ones will cause excruciating dazzle to oncoming drivers on the continent. The LED headlights on my PiP have a very clear kick! You'll need beam deflectors, which can be picked for for about £5 and stick onto the headlights.

Thanks for this.  I did have suspicion that the reply was a bit quick and easy.  Looks like it's off to Halfords for some stick on delectors.  A bit disapointing and very old school.  After all the car is like a Starship and you can swap to kph quite easily....

Russ

1 hour ago, Bowruss said:

Thanks for this.  I did have suspicion that the reply was a bit quick and easy.  Looks like it's off to Halfords for some stick on delectors.  A bit disapointing and very old school.  After all the car is like a Starship and you can swap to kph quite easily....

Russ

to kph........do you mean light years :alien:

• Like 1

On the other hand -

I came back home on the motorway last night and noted the dipped headlight spread. Surprisingly it seemed almost flat with only a slight kick up on the left.  It does have a slight dip in the middle.

I also noticed that in urban areas, the left side seemed no hgher than an adult hip and definitely lower than my other car. (E Class estate).

The pattern against my hedge also seemed almost level but I accept  that this is less scientific than the m/way and urban observations due to the distance.

So - not much kick up.  Could the dealer be right?

Russ

On 7 May 2016 at 3:17 PM, Bowruss said:

So - not much kick up.  Could the dealer be right?

Nope, still a kick, still needs beam deflectors.