Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Catalytic converter

micmurphy

Hi

I have p420 code on my 03 Toyota corolla t3. I have changed both O2 sensors and I still have the code.

I believe my catalytic converter is blocked. I had a look at the exhaust pipe but can't figure which is the catalytic converter.

Can anyone tell where is the converter and is there anyway to clean it or can I just cut the damn thing out and weld in a straight pipe.

My country doesn't have any emission laws!

Which country are you in?

Its typically the first small box from the engine, though never heard of any official means of cleaning it, you could try google.

If you have replaced the sensors, what quality are they, genuine Toyota or  ?   cheapo sensors or scrap yard sensors can be misleading.

I don't think you can clean a catalytic converter. Once it's gone it's gone.

Follow the manifold from the engine block down and when you get to the first box then that'll be your convertor.

A while ago, there was a Yaris owner who claimed to have cleaned his catalytic convertor using a solution of diluted nitric acid in a heated bath. Did take something like six hours though. A lengthy search of the forum may uncover the thread.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links