Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New member in Cumbria

Chips1953

Hi. Located in Cumbria and a total RAV4 fan, never had any problems and we have just collected our new 2012 xt-r 2.2 . I was surprised however with the difference in performance of this vehicle compared to the old one. Anyway I have an issue that you guys may be able to help me with.

So we had a 2009 xtr which we clocked 85k, great vehicle, comfortable and surprisingly economical. During Winter we would be getting 47 mpg and in the Summer upto 52 mpg. I was amazed, especially as this was a 2.2. We decided to change and found a 2012 which had only 24k on it at the local dealers. Coffe coloured and with half leather. We bought it and to be sure it seems a different vehicle. More torque and mid range acceleration. However, mpg is down to 42.5, which try as I might I cannot increase. I have spoken to the dealer and not had much joy. Questions like, Do I use 6th gear and how about pumping the tyres up. 

I was was wondering if anyone has had similar experience and does anyone use a chip kit. We have a caravan, all be it a very small one.

thanks in anticipation 

chees.

Hello George - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Some members have fitted chip kits to their 2.2 diesels - one being available from Lindop, one of the club's sponsors - https://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/page/aftersales/lindop-chip-kits

Send Parts-King a personal message using our personal message system to enquire.

Post moved to the Rav4 club to generate responses as regards the towing and 6th gear queries.

Depending on what model the 2009 car was it may well have been the 136 bhp version so just the fact that your 2012 will be a 150 bhp version the additional power will reduce your fuel economy.

Regardless of what BHP engine was in the 2009 your 2012 will be fitted with additional emissions reduction equipment such as a DPF/DPNR ( Diesel particulate filter/Diesel particulate NOx reduction ) these unfortunately use diesel when required to Regenerate the filters further reducing the fuel economy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links