Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternator removal Avensis 2009 2.2 Estate

Hewsy

Hi all, Its been my turn for those pesky "Electrical Gremlins".

Have traced fault to alternator after installing a new Battery. The charging system warning light would not disappear & after 1 day my beautiful car stopped. measured Battery volts static, running, with load etc & it all points to alternator. Ive the car up on jacks now & can see its going to be tight & awkward. just wonered if anyone has any hints, tips, dos & donts before i start to remove the alternator tomoorow. Thanks in advance. I will also post my findings & how I managed etc. If i think they can info can benifit anyone else. Wish me luck :)

IMG_20160502_182316059_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160502_182308098_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160502_182322899_HDR.jpg

Where have you placed the jack stands? Not on the lower wish bones? Best placed further back under the heavy boxed-section members of the floor pan.

Access to the belts area will be improved by removing the underskirt panel beneath the inner wing. 

Good luck 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links