Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarming Issue any help appreciated

MarkJC

Hi All i'm a new member and have just last week acquired a 2008 Invincible Auto which I love..Except for a little issue with the alarm .

When the doors are locked with the remote the alarm goes of after about 4-5 minutes which is slightly annoying although if I lock car manually all is quiet.

I have removed bonnet switch and cleaned and tested which seems ok.

Any thoughts? Its booked in at Toyota Cambridge on Tuesday but it would be nice if I could avoid that.

Or is there a fuse which can be pulled to disable the thing, if the remote locking worked and no alarm I'd be happy.

Hi Mark & welcome to TOC :smile:

When you lock the vehicle with the mechanical key it doesn't set the alarm.

Usually the alarm going off when unwanted is due to 1 of several possibilities - voltage drop due to a failing battery/something left on etc.,interior motion sensor triggered by a fly etc. (you can usually switch this off) or the motion sensor for the vehicle being set too sensitive & triggering for wind, passing vehicles etc.

Hi Scott Thanks for your reply and your welcome to TOC.

The Battery seems strong as a ox and I don't think i've got a fly! 

Perhaps it could be a sensitivity issue how can I turn it down?

Although it seems to do it every time and its not parked on the street and or windy at moment!

best

Mark

5 hours ago, MarkJC said:

Or is there a fuse which can be pulled to disable the thing, if the remote locking worked and no alarm I'd be happy.

Hello Mark - welcome to Toyota Owners Club .

Disabling the alarm may invalidate your insurance, as you would be making the vehicle less secure and more prone to theft.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links