Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Audi Strikes Again!

Well, I guess it had to happen. Our car got clouted by an idiot (maybe I am being harsh) today driving a Silver Audi A3. (Maybe we should do a poll on here to see how many have been hit by Audi's and which model/colour it was. Like Craig's, our Audi missile -misguided by the way- was an A3. The not so funny thing is, we went to Wrexham on Tuesday and some clown in an older silver Kia (silver again, and on the A5 from Shrewsbury to Oswestry... hmmm) almost ran into us doing the same thing, at a roundabout -note to self, must avoid roundabouts, possibly the A5 too.)

This happened at Dobbies roundabout on the A5 (Sainsburys and A49 turn off). I could see her car had that -yes, it was a little old lady with leather driving gloves- look about it, the kind you see when you know it's coming your way no matter what. I thought she was headed for Dobbies Garden World -and not me- but no, she was going in the same direction as us, up the A5. Luckily, it was a low speed shunt, but she must be deaf as I was pressing that horn for all it was worth. Another note to self, get a louder horn, much louder.

After swearing at her -I did apologise after, didn't realise I was doing it, adrenaline and anger and all that- I suggested we take our cars into the car park at Dobbies and exchange details. I still hadn't had a good look at the damage on ours yet due to the proximity of large trucks and menacing car drivers. Eventually, after much aggro getting back to Dobbies World (No, this Dobbies has nothing to do with the one in the Harry Potter Book/Film) and I had calmed down somewhat, I checked the damage again, more closely, and could see it was going to be easy for me to clear it up. I managed to wipe off some of the paint on the wheel arch and rubber marks on the wheel with my fingers; this helped in the calming process by the way.

The old ladies car was worse than ours -see pictures. She said she did not want to claim on her insurance and would get the VW boys to sort it. I said that was up to her, but I was not going to claim on ours for something that would -thankfully- only take me 10 to 20 minutes to clear up. It actually took me about 40 min after polishing done. After making sure she was all right and not about to collapse or anything, we set off back home. The moral of this story is that if someone has lined you up for an accident, it will happen eventually -having managed to avoid the first one on Tuesday.

Luckily I had my camera with me and got these shots at the scene. Also, a video, edited. 25pc Risking life and limb at the roundabout to get this pic at the scene.jpg25pc This is the offending Audi at the scene.jpg25pc This is the damage to the Audi.jpg25pc Thankfully superficial damage.jpg25pc See the white line around the wheelarch rim.jpg25pc Wheel cleaned up.jpg25pc Wheelarch done.jpg

Sorry to hear this Bob, Know how you feel. What was she thinking in that lane to go left! :angry:

Good to see most has polished out though and no bent metal. Has the bumper polished out too or will that need to be sprayed in? I used one of those independent, smart repair companies to spray a bit of my car and it was very good.

Craig.

Sorry to here Bob, but glad it was no worse ;)

2 hours ago, craggle said:

Sorry to hear this Bob, Know how you feel. What was she thinking in that lane to go left! :angry: Good to see most has polished out though and no bent metal. Has the bumper polished out too or will that need to be sprayed in? I used one of those independent, smart repair companies to spray a bit of my car and it was very good.

Craig.

An unusual circumstance to be sure Craig, moving over to the right of her lane, as if she was going toward Sainsbury's and then decided to be in my lane, regardless of me being there. She was quite pleasant and understood I was rather angry. I did apologise to her at least three times for that, but my wife was worried she might be calm looking on the outside, but inside, about to have a stroke! We were both thankful that it was no worse than it was, and that none of us were injured, well, except my wife who received two large claw marks on her leg from our dog who did not react too well to the intrusion.

The bumper scratches are deep and I can't even recall when it was done, only that it was at a car park frequented by shoppers and idiots who can't see other cars too well. I have been thinking about getting the bumper seen to, deep scratches I can't do any more. So, I either get one of those kits or follow YouTube advice on the subject, or get one of those smart repair companies to do it, along with some other bits.

1 hour ago, Soeley said:

Sorry to here Bob, but glad it was no worse ;)

Cheers Mark, not too bad really in the scheme of things. In comparison to some on this forum, I got off lightly today. My wife said if it had been her driving, she would have had a nervous breakdown. She hates roundabouts ever since some snobby old git in a Merc hit her at a roundabout because he could not be bothered to brake to avoid her as he sped across it at high speed. We had an old Rover 418SD I think it was back then. That can often be the worst part of an accident, not the damage to one's car.

So, many, potential, accidents avoided with people driving Audi's. Then again, I also have the problem with pensioners in Ford Fiesta's, Honda Jazz's, Nissan Micra's. Basically any car where hope and inspiration goes to die, there's always someone driving that car thinking everyone will give way to them.

There was one time I was in the car waiting for my girlfriend to get her eye brows threaded at our (then) local Tesco in Birmingham. The car park is under the store, and I was waiting outside as she said she'd only be 5 minutes. LIES.

Anyway, this old couple get in to an Audi A1, brand new mobility car (I think). The guy starts driving forwards from his disabled space, then turns left and runs the car all along the bollard. He tries to move the car forward a few times, the bollard isn't moving. So he reverses and his wife gets out. Bless her she's not quick on her feet, so she's moving to the back of the car telling him to move back. He reverses, moves forward, reverses. Anyway he finally manages to get the car on the footpath.

Yes. The footpath. Where his car was parked was right at the front of the store, behind the car was the road bit and in front was the footpath people walk up and down on. He's driving the car along the footpath, and stops every so often to wait for his wife to catch up to move the trollies out of the cars way. He gets to the end of the footpath, waits for his wife to get in the car, then squeezes his way between two bollards. Honestly, the two sides of the car were ruined, just from him doing this.

The whole episode was about 10 minutes long. One Tesco guy who was collecting the trollies knocked on his window to tell him he's on the footpath. He told him to F-off. "I'll get the manager", "I'll tell him to F-off as well!".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unreal what you see isn't it. These are the people that need one of those orange flashing lights on top of their car. Whenever its moving, it flashes warning everyone else to beware. I once had a woman driver reverse into my car, actually, into the left front wheel that was -because I had just followed her into the car park- on full lock, otherwise she would have done a lot more damage. The horn was loud, and I pressed it almost through the steering wheel, I was shouting out the open window.. waste of time. I yanked the handbrake on and dove out of the car and banged on her window to get her attention. Scared the crap out of her. She didn't know anyone was there! FFS! She said, 'I wondered why the car wasn't moving back like it should.' Unbelievable! The Daleks have a saying, "EXTERMINATE!"