Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav upgrade 6.7.0

Rosgoe

Hi all 

have bought and downloaded latest sat nav update 6.7.0, unzipped the file and downloaded to 8gb usb which was formatted fat 3 . However when I plug the usb into vehicle nothing happens, done it as per instructions as per Toyota portal. Phoned dealer and they said have to plug formatted usb into car then download maps etc from touch 2  with go to usb ,then plug usb into laptop and update maps from there however I can't see a function  to download from sat nav to usb first. This is totally different to what the Toyota portal says.

Any help appreciated thanks

any use? http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch-2-how-to-update-your-maps-and-software

On the original Touch & Go (Plus) you have to make a "fingerprint" of the car system to an USB stick & then plug that into a laptop connected to the Toyota Portal which will then download required files to the USB stick which you then take back to the car & plug in to update. Maybe the dealer confused with this?

A number of people have had difficulty loading 6.7.0 which you will see on the link above. I'm currently waiting for Customer Relations to resolve my issue with My Toyota, where the download starts but is then rejected with the phrase "Error text. Update not valid for this device”.

Think there may be gremlins, but some users have reported success. It may be vehicle related but who knows?

19 hours ago, Rosgoe said:

Hi all 

have bought and downloaded latest sat nav update 6.7.0, unzipped the file and downloaded to 8gb usb which was formatted fat 3 . However when I plug the usb into vehicle nothing happens, done it as per instructions as per Toyota portal. Phoned dealer and they said have to plug formatted usb into car then download maps etc from touch 2  with go to usb ,then plug usb into laptop and update maps from there however I can't see a function  to download from sat nav to usb first. This is totally different to what the Toyota portal says.

Any help appreciated thanks

Hi

have a read of  this

On 5 May 2016 at 11:15 PM, Heidfirst said:

any use? http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch-2-how-to-update-your-maps-and-software

On the original Touch & Go (Plus) you have to make a "fingerprint" of the car system to an USB stick & then plug that into a laptop connected to the Toyota Portal which will then download required files to the USB stick which you then take back to the car & plug in to update. Maybe the dealer confused with this?

Thanks for that yes I think that is what the dealer meant. I can't see any way of making a fingerprint of the vehicle to a blank usb , Have tried putting a formatted usb into vehicle still nothing happens have sent settings to my Toyota and received settings still no joy. Am going to phone and get some answers at my Toyota, Have paid £99 for something that does not work!!