Do Not Sell My Personal Information

paint issues

red.al

i have a red toyota auris sr 180 which i lovingly keep too a good standard , well i think so, see my pictures on site 

she is regularly washed and polished and is glazed using a da polisher , products used are poorboys , and prima amigio

i am shocked to see that the laquer appears to be coming off on my wind mirrors and most recently a couple of spots on the roof , anyone else had this issue . the car is a 58 plate so i dont imagine any recourse from toyota but i would appreciate any advice

Some other members have had similar issues with the Solar Red paintwork and lacquer peeling. The paintwork warranty that Toyota provide, which is similar to other mainstream manufacturers, is three years from first registration.

thanks , i will no doubt have to go down to my local body shop guy  i just hope the whole car doesn't end up like this 

Contact your Toyota Dealer - My 59 Auris had this problem earlier in the year and Toyota sorted it all out.

Andy

• Like 1

You want to stop using the DA polisher on your car. The paint finish is only a few mils thick and you're basically polishing the clear coat away. If you take it in to Toyota they will measure the paint thickness and, if the find it excessively worn away they will tell you On yer bike.