Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What have I got??!!!

marvo

Hi all!

I've been looking for ages to find the answer to my questions below but I keep getting conflicting answers.

I have an 04 plate Celica but I'm not sure about some of the features and I'm wondering if anyone at all can point me in the right direction.

The car was obviously someone's project as most of the engine components are brand new. I have had new disks and pads all 'round which made a difference and have had it fully serviced which has made it positively purr! The only bugbear I have is that the idle is a tad low and the engine will stammer slightly if I leave it idling. I plan to check the mass air sometime in the near future though.

I thought at first it is a standard model but then someone told me it was a premium model as it has leather seats, but it has no sunroof. Also, as I'm looking to upgrade the head unit I was told it has a separate amplifier that might not work with an aftermarket unit but again I'm not sure which system I have! How do I tell without stripping off my glove box? I

So...my questions are:

1)Which blooming model am I driving here??!!

2)Is this a standard stereo system with or without an amplifier and will a straight swap (with harness) work?

3)Are there any mods I can make to eek out a bhp or two without affecting my insurance?

I'd be eternally grateful for some advice!!

Thanks in advance.....enjoy the pics of my baby!!

20160508_203414.jpg

20160508_203546.jpg

20160508_203133.jpg

20160508_203357.jpg

20160508_203225.jpg

20160508_203244.jpg

20160508_203252.jpg

Hi, Phil.

Your Island Green 140 does not have either the "Premium", or "Style" pack.

The T Sport type rear spoiler, is not standard fitting, and should be declared to your Ins. Co. as a modification.

The leather seats have also been retro fitted. If the rear seats are vinyl, they have been removed from a pre face lift. If leather, from a face lift.

The H/U does not have a separate Amp., so an aftermarket unit can be fitted using a PC2-17-4 ISO harness.

There are no cheap power upgrades, but you may find a tiny benefit by fitting a replacement panel filter from the likes of TRD, or K&N.

HTH :)

Wow!! I knew the car had been re-furbed but had no idea about the spoiler!! Many many thanks Scarlett Arrow, you have cleared up a few things that have been niggling at me since I bought it last year!!

Here's hoping the insurance aren't going to get funny with my quote!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links