Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Q: Sat Nav in the Auris 2013 (System not Installed)

Hoceima

Hi All,

Hope you are all well. I am new to the Toyota Club & to owning a Toyota :wink: So bare with me.

I have recently purchased a 2013 Toyota Auris. It came with a Touch unit, which includes Bluetooth & reverse cam etc. When selecting the Map option it comes up with a message saying system not installed. I have called Toyota and they have said it will cost £800+ to have it installed :unsure: any ideas of how to get this cheaper! or where i could get the part

I have bought an extension module (Part Number:  QNG-BE280) but don't think it is the correct unit.... Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance ... 

16 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Thanks, I don't have the hybrid. I have the petrol 1.6 V-Matic Sport. I received a quote for the parts on eBay today from a seller for £681.71 :blink: there must be somewhere cheaper !

You need to bear in mind that purchasing and fitting the sat nav unit is only part of the story - updates to any factory system are expensive (around £160-200).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Heidfirst said:
21 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You need to bear in mind that purchasing and fitting the sat nav unit is only part of the story - updates to any factory system are expensive (around £160-200).

Hi, Thanks for the heads up. I think I will just invest in a Garmin Unit or use my smart phone ..... Wow what a shock that they are charging such ridiculous prices. Thanks again

25 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hi, Thanks for the heads up. I think I will just invest in a Garmin Unit or use my smart phone ..... Wow what a shock that they are charging such ridiculous prices. Thanks again

3 hours ago, Hoceima said:

Thanks, I don't have the hybrid. I have the petrol 1.6 V-Matic Sport. I received a quote for the parts on Ebay today from a seller for £681.71 :blink: there must be somewhere cheaper !

It's the same part & process.

Map Updates these days for Touch & Go are ~£109 (indeed for Touch 2 with Go the latest is £99 for 3 years map update service).

Actually, Toyota are amongst the cheapest car manufacturers for nav updates. I have never looked at how much it costs from another manufacturer to add oem nav. to a car as dealer fit but I suspect that it is no cheaper.

In reality 3rd party standalone units (Garmin, Tomtom etc.) & oem, fully integrated systems are 2 different markets with different pros & cons.

This aftermarket unit is way cheaper, plus you can install any SATNAV software available - Sygic, iGO...you name it. Or... if you prefer the even cheaper way (like me), get a Galaxy S3 and install DriveLink.apk. Then you can mirror the phone on the HU and use Google Maps, Sygic, iGO, HERE...

• Like 2

Thanks everyone :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Auris 1.6 vvt-i said:

This aftermarket unit is way cheaper, plus you can install any SATNAV software available - Sygic, iGO...you name it. Or... if you prefer the even cheaper way (like me), get a Galaxy S3 and install DriveLink.apk. Then you can mirror the phone on the HU and use Google Maps, Sygic, iGO, HERE...

My understanding is that he has a Touch system not Touch 2. In which case on the same suppliers website this might be the more appropriate unit http://car-solutions.com/en/navigation-system-for-toyota-touch-and-go-panasonic-based-on-cs9320-ce.php

• Like 1

On 5/11/2016 at 4:58 PM, Heidfirst said:

My understanding is that he has a Touch system not Touch 2. In which case on the same suppliers website this might be the more appropriate unit http://car-solutions.com/en/navigation-system-for-toyota-touch-and-go-panasonic-based-on-cs9320-ce.php

Perfect !

HI there,

Have you tried looking at breakers or scrap yard?

When my previous car had a faulty head unit out of warranty, the only reasonable way to get the same or better was via a scrap yard. I used one of those part finder web sites and as luck would have it the place wasn't too far away. The fun bit will be fitting it, judging by what I saw, when i took a look at a yaris hybrid touch & go, i was looking to see where the usb socket was connected. Took one look behind the glovebox and gave up lol