Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2015 Speakers

Mutt08

I wouldn't mind replacing the factory fitted door Speakers on my '65' Aygo with a better quality set.

I'm just wondering if anybody on the forum has managed to do this on the new Aygo & what Speakers they used.

What is it about the Speakers that you don’t like? The sound system in the Aygo could hardly be described as “Premium” but it seems fine to me (and that’s speaking with someone who has been into "proper" HiFI for a long time).  Surely, just changing the Speakers will have little effect if the source components and/or amplification  remains the same particularly as the Speakers have to be basically the same physical size and basic design as the OEM speaker in order to fit the car.

If the replacements were easier to drive, you would probably get more volume  but that may just sound harsh boomy, all bass and generally unpleasant to listen to.

It maybe its naive of me to think it but maybe Toyota did a bit of  work on the sound system to make sure the components were matched and worked together as a system.

To me it seems a lot of effort and expense  to just end up with a different sound rather than a highly subjective “better”.

Thanks for your replies.

Before the Aygo I has a 2013 Yaris & the Toyota fitted system on that sounded excellent.

I'm not one for loud, booming music but I do like my music to sound decent at a reasonable volume. I find that if I play some music that has a medium to heavy bass, with a volume of around 20 ish'  the Speakers vibrate & reduce the quality of the sound. I can reduce the volume to cure the issue but then its a struggle to hear the music.

I would just like a decent set of Speakers that will cope with the job at hand.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links