Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Audio System Turning off - Prius Plug-in

KennyT

Hi,

I'm in California, USA and own a 2013 Prius Plug-in Hybrid.

Recently my Audio System has been acting up. When I power up my car, the system used to come up properly and remember the old settings/usage.

Now it comes up with the Toyota logo or just a Audio Off.

Even if I turn it on, and select a source or channel, it immediately turns off or eventually turns off after a few minutes.

On one instance, I was backing up after starting. The audio/video module first showed the shots from the rear view camera, but then even after driving forward, it still continued displaying the rear view camera video...

Anyone has had similar issues before and/or have any solutions/tips?

Thanks, Kenny

On 5/12/2016 at 3:53 PM, KennyT said:

Hi,

I'm in California, USA and own a 2013 Prius Plug-in Hybrid.

Recently my Audio System has been acting up. When I power up my car, the system used to come up properly and remember the old settings/usage.

Now it comes up with the Toyota logo or just a Audio Off.

Even if I turn it on, and select a source or channel, it immediately turns off or eventually turns off after a few minutes.

On one instance, I was backing up after starting. The audio/video module first showed the shots from the rear view camera, but then even after driving forward, it still continued displaying the rear view camera video...

Anyone has had similar issues before and/or have any solutions/tips?

Thanks, Kenny

There might be a "screen off" setting somewhere in the menus. Before turning the audio on press the menu button and turn the screen on, it may be remembering the last selected mode.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links